PDA

View Full Version : Samsung 64PND8000 profile

aricm
08-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Quick question, can anyone confirm if the Samsung D profile changed recently? I've utilized this profile for the above TV for quite a long time and recently it shows all music folders as "empty". I've deleted from mezzmo, it re-accesses and also unplugged Ethernet connection from switch. One caveat, the TV is on the wall an I cannot easily unplug Ethernet from TV. Again, it sees mezzmo, other devices also plugged into the switch work as they have in the past. Any idea what could cause folders to say empty for just that device?

Paul
08-05-2013, 12:20 PM
No recent change to the Samsung D device profile. One common reason for empty folders is due to access permissions if your files are coming from a NAS or another computer. See this FAQ to fix this - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network

aricm
08-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks Paul. I'm considering starting from scratch again. I at one time requested a new license key so I could wipe the system clean and start over. Now I've actually incorporated new hardware and may be thinking along those same lines. Just cannot seem to get things right. I will say I have 3 devices plus 3 Directv boxes and most devices work great, however the Directv boxes have been an ongoing battle. I have both Windows Media Player and Mezzmo set up and they seem to work fine with WMP (of course I am seeking something to transcode given my files), but the Directv boxes freeze up whenever I attempt Mezzmo. The network is hardwired which you'd think would help solve my issues. Anyway, if I decided to start over is that an option for a license key or am I able to utilize the prior one?

Paul
08-09-2013, 06:53 PM
If you wish to move Mezzmo from one computer to another computer, then you can use your existing Mezzmo license key when installing it onto the new computer. You will need to uninstall Mezzmo first from your old computer since you are not permitted to run Mezzmo concurrently on multiple computers - unless you have purchased multiple Mezzmo licenses.