View Full Version : Panasonic 50GT30E + ext subtitles

dadoremix
08-11-2013, 09:27 AM
HI
I have also 50GT30 panasonic plasma
How i can watch video with subtitles external
video and subtitle name are the same.. *.avi and *.srt
I can burn in to video, but that in not good, beacuse 24fps is speed, or 20 :(
And i never cant get to see ext subtitles via panasonic menu, so i can select to watch with subtitles
maybe is problem with subtitle code ? im in croatia, use 1250 or 8859-2 but TV not play

Christopher
08-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Dadoremix,

We cannot be sure Panasonic TV 50GT30 is actually supporting external subtitles, the manual is not having any relevant information:
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P50GT30
and searching for answer on Internet is not giving us a clear feedback, some other forums are reporting that burning subtitles is the only option. Unfortunately we do not have this model in the office to try.

You may try to stream using Mezzmo profiles for Panasonic Viera TVs, many Viera models are supporting external SRT subtitles.
Please read tutorial with detailed instructions at:
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5977-Tutorial-Subtitling-Basics (2 x pages).
Selected profile settings for subtitles can be adjusted, so you may try various scenarios. Edited profile may be restored to original settings any time.

Note that encoding (1250 or 8859-2) shouldn't matter when trying to verify external subtitles, you may just have wrong letters displayed. This can be easily fixed,
once is proven that external (or remuxed) subtitles are working with your TV.

dadoremix
08-19-2013, 05:35 AM
hello again
i go to holliday, im back

supported are *.srt *.sub .. divx, mkv formats DLNA service
on usb stick i have subtitles, but they are very small on 50" screen.
Only what i can get with mezzmo app is burn in subtitles, default on DLNA none (i try also serviio 1.3 subtitles working - 1.x to 1.2 not working 90%)
I will try other profiles

Paul
08-19-2013, 10:02 AM
OK - let us know how you go.