PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in a never ending update loop...

rbcrewser
08-15-2013, 07:57 AM
During the auto-update process at one point the download server became unavailable and interrupted the download.

I restarted it and thought all installed OK. However upon rebooting, I got the message that a prior installation had yet to be completed and to reboot before running auto-update again. Rebooted several times but was constantly greeted by that popup upon starting. Finally got into mezzmo and noticed it was still at 3.2.0

I then terminated all processes associated with mezzmo and downloaded the setup.exe file directly and ran it. All appeared to run OK.

Rebooted and still the same annoying popup. I again finally managed to get back into it and have temporarily turned off auto-update / check for updates. When running check for update, it eventually tells me I have the latest version but still tells me a previous package hasn't finished installing.

Other than a complete uninstall/reinstall is there any way to get rid of this? I really don't want to have to go through the long drawn out process of fixing all my settings again, let alone wait while it re-adds all the media files which I assume will be needed?

Paul
08-15-2013, 08:24 AM
See this post to fix the problem:

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6011-Latest-Update-Has-Failed-To-Install-Properly?p=23342#post23342

(Be careful when editing your Windows registry!)

rbcrewser
08-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the rapid response.

All taken care of again.

Paul
08-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Glad it's all sorted now. Have fun streaming with Mezzmo :)