PDA

View Full Version : Missing Field in Properties

wdvorak
08-15-2013, 04:45 PM
The Album Artist field is missing from the General tab in (video) properties.

Paul
08-15-2013, 05:02 PM
That's right. It is hidden for video and photos, since album artist is typically related to music files only.

JohnM
08-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Oh drag. I made use of that field since I could not add my own. I used it to sort certain types of movies to group them together. Guess I will hold off on the upgrade.

Paul
08-16-2013, 07:48 AM
We have just added Comment as a searchable field for smart playlists, so you could use that. Album artist just did not make sense for video files.

Our next version we are planning to add a lot more metadata - including the type of video, so that should help.

JohnM
08-16-2013, 09:19 AM
As long as I can get the functionality it is cool. What I do is add something like James Bond in the field. Then I can create a smart playlist of all movies with James Bond in the field and sort by creation date. Then I have a list of all my JB movies in one list in the order they were created.

Paul
08-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Understand. We're planning to have a new "Keywords" field for general purpose handling as you describe.

Paul
08-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Just a follow-up. You could use the Genre attribute for "James Bond" and this would allow you to nicely organize your JB movies. So the Genre field for a James Bond movie may contain something like: Drama, Action, James Bond. This has the benefit of listing James Bond under the Genre active playlist for you.