PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo & Dlink DSM-520

Harold
08-18-2013, 01:33 AM
According to Dlink docs, the DMS-520 should play HD 720p videos provided they are in WMV9 format.
When initializing "pre-transcodimng", Mezzmo allows only ASF (WMV2) & MPEG (MPEG2) formats, neither of which will play on my DSM-520.
My DLink is connected wirelessly, therefore I have to "pre-transcode" files manually. My wireless connection is not fast enough to transcode on-the-fly.
Am I missing some settings in Mezzmo or FFMPEG or the DSM-520?
BTW, .AVI's (XVID) & DIVX videos (SD) stream perfectly, but not .MKV, .MPG, .WMV, or .MP4.
I would like to be able to play 720 p HDTV files through my DSM-520 to my Samsung TV.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks .....

Harold

Paul
08-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi Harold,

Please send us a set of logs and we'll see what the problem is. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server and restart your Mezzmo application. Pre-transcode a video to ASP(WMV2) and, once completed, try streaming it to your DSM-520. When it fails to play, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Harold
08-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Paul,

Thanks for the response.
Did as you requested. Logs were emailed about 5 minutes ago.
Thanks .....

Harold

Paul
08-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks, Harold. We'll analyse them and respond via email.