PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Devices (is this possible)

paulsalter
08-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi,

Not sure if these features are possible or if other devices have similar

On the Samsung main DLNA screen there are 3 areas

Recently Played - This nicely gets populated when I watch something

Recently Added - This is always blank, is it possible for Mezzmo to get this field populated (looked into this a while back and it seems like a date needs sending to Samsung and then this field gets filled in but couldn't find anymore info)

Playlists - Is it possible for this to get prefilled

Just a thought of a few little things that would make integration with Samsung a lot better, if they are possible, I did try the AllShare program at one point as that is supposed to use these fields, but they still remained blank, so not sure if they are broken or not

Thanks

Paul
08-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi Paul,

It may be possible, but it will require a lot of experimentation & testing to check. And after that, there's no guarantee that Samsung will allow Mezzmo server (or any other DLNA server) to access these areas/features of their firmware. Samsung TVs do not strictly follow DLNA guidelines and have many Samsung-only proprietary features. Also, the TV features are different across the various C, D, E, F-series models.

paulsalter
08-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Thanks,
I wondered if it might be a Samsung proprietary feature

this was something I read a while back about it
http://sourceforge.net/p/minidlna/discussion/879956/thread/55593e7a

never had this feature working on my Samsung so would have been nice to see, but it looks like it could be a lot of work just for one make of TV

Paul
08-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the link. Can you email us a set of logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com when your access these areas on your TV? We'll take a look.

paulsalter
08-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Cheers
I have sent the files to you

There are 2 mails, I forgot the attachment on the first :(

Paul
08-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks, Paul.