PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Covers / Artwork

Gus
08-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi

I have a couple of questions regarding MP3 artwork / covers...

1. I have disabled "Retrieve album and artists information" and also "retrieve album artwork" since all my MP3 collection has the cover embedded in the mp3 file as an ID3 tag. However when i run maintain library and the tasks run, I see a System Task downloading artwork??

2. When i browse the music collection on my Samsung C650, i can see the album cover for each track in the folder when i browse on the TV. However when i play the file, the cover on the play screen is just a music note/generic cover. It shows the correct cover when using Share manager.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Gus

Paul
08-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi

I have a couple of questions regarding MP3 artwork / covers...

1. I have disabled "Retrieve album and artists information" and also "retrieve album artwork" since all my MP3 collection has the cover embedded in the mp3 file as an ID3 tag. However when i run maintain library and the tasks run, I see a System Task downloading artwork??

It shouldn't be downloading, but it'll still show a system task when processing embedded artwork, because it needs to grab it out of the file and store in our database.

2. When i browse the music collection on my Samsung C650, i can see the album cover for each track in the folder when i browse on the TV. However when i play the file, the cover on the play screen is just a music note/generic cover. It shows the correct cover when using Share manager.

We'll investigate here and implement what's needed to properly show artwork on the Samsung. Thanks for pointing this out.

lShadowl
10-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Hi guys,

Currently testing Mezzmo. I have the same problem regarding the artwork using my samsung c6500. Any fixes regarding that issue? Artwork is showing well in all my other media players. It actually dosen't even show artwork in Mezzmo

Also, when I try to see "All my files" I'm always getting an error as if the system couldn't show a large amount of files. My music collection is over 8000 mp3....

Thanks a lot. I really like the software and really hope I could get it to work properly before the end of my trial.

Paul
10-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Hi,

If artwork is not show in Mezzmo then it won't appear on the device either. Can you please send one of your files that doesn't show artwork in Mezzmo, but shows artwork in other players to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll take a look?

lShadowl
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks Dennis,

Email sent.

Paul
10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks - I just replied by e-mail.