PDA

View Full Version : Samsung F Series Thumbnails

srthomas
08-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi all,

I've got thumbnails displaying for videos working but they seem to be 320x320 ... they have come from internet using mezzmo... using the trial version while I try to get these things ironed out.

So each thumbnail is 320x320 as per max dimensions in profile, but this screws the ratios up... they don't seem to be respected so the image ends up stretched...

Any ideas?

Steve

Paul
08-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Samsung TVs are a bit strange regarding onscreen artwork thumbnails. They do stretch them to fit their artwork thumbnail containers, which is ugly when artwork does not fit this size. Most other devices keep the aspect ratio, which is the correct thing to do. To make matters worse, Samsung TVs have different artwork thumbnail sizes for photo mode, video mode and music mode.

You can email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can tweak the device profile to match the artwork size. In your email, please include the measurements for the artwork thumbnail size onscreen for each mode so we can get the aspect ratio correct in the device profile.

srthomas
08-29-2013, 09:14 PM
You can email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can tweak the device profile to match the artwork size. In your email, please include the measurements for the artwork thumbnail size onscreen for each mode so we can get the aspect ratio correct in the device profile.

Thanks Paul, sorry for my ignorance but how would I retrieve the measurements you need?

Paul
08-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks Paul, sorry for my ignorance but how would I retrieve the measurements you need?

Grab a ruler/measuring tape and measure them onscreen :) That will be fine. Does not have to be exact. We mostly just need to know the aspect ratio of the thumbnails in video mode, music mode and photos mode for your Samsung F-series TV. Email this to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Many thanks!

srthomas
08-31-2013, 07:16 AM
Hi Paul,

Ok done some measuring...
source w x h
video 13cm x 13cm
music 17cm x 13cm
images 11cm x 11cm

Thanks .. will also drop an email too

Steve

Paul
08-31-2013, 07:35 AM
Many thanks, Steve.

Misiak
09-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi Paul,

Ok done some measuring...
source w x h
video 13cm x 13cm
music 17cm x 13cm
images 11cm x 11cm

Thanks .. will also drop an email too

Steve

Just one remark on this, please be aware that there are also thumbnails in SmartHub (not in gallery) which display last played/viewed music/video/image files. All those thumbnails are not square but rectangles. I wonder if you are able to implement it in way that in video and image gallery they are squares and in smarthub rectangles. I don't think it is possible, is it ?

Paul
09-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Just one remark on this, please be aware that there are also thumbnails in SmartHub (not in gallery) which display last played/viewed music/video/image files. All those thumbnails are not square but rectangles. I wonder if you are able to implement it in way that in video and image gallery they are squares and in smarthub rectangles. I don't think it is possible, is it ?

Thanks for the information. As you say, we probably cannot. We have implemented better thumbnail sizing for Samsung devices and it will be included in Mezzmo v3.4 that we are finalizing now. Beta testers have reported it works well on their Samsung C, D, E & F-series TVs and Blu-ray players.

srthomas
09-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Hi Paul,

Any Eta on 3.4?

Paul
09-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Next week :)