PDA

View Full Version : Samsung F Series Chaptering

srthomas
08-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi,

I've read the guide on chaptering and understand it's automatic in 3.3. I'm not sure this is the case... does that mean I should see an mta file with the time codes stored along side my video file. Also, rather than default 15 min intervals, can they be generated to match the chapters in the movie?

Thanks,

Paul
08-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Mezzmo does not create MTA files on disk. It reads your existing MTA files from the same folder as your video file and delivers that to your TV. If you do not have MTA files on disk, then Mezzmo creates MTA content in memory and supplies it to Samsung TVs when requested. The default interval is 10 minutes. You can change it to a different interval by editing your device profile - see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5978-How-to-activate-samsung-chaptering-creating-of-mta-files. The current version of Mezzmo (v3.3.0.0) does not match up chapter point metadata from the movie. We will consider this for a future version.

srthomas
08-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Hi,

Does Mezzmo respect the chapters within the mp4/m4v file? I've added in the titles of the chapters via MetaX.

Thanks

Paul
08-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Mezzmo streams the chapter metadata within the mp4/m4v to your device and it will be up to your device's firmware to read these chapter points and do something with them. In the current version (v3.3.0.0), Mezzmo does not read or process the chapter metadata in any special way. We are looking into using this chapter metadata for a future version.