PDA

View Full Version : Still having problem with SONY BDPS370 Blu-ray player stuttering

Whimick
08-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi

Just thought I would you know I still having problems with my SONY BDPS370 Blu-ray player stuttering when playing Mp4 files.

I using the Mezzmov3.3 + SonyBDP-HT-SMP you sent me and 64bit FFmpeg.

Can you advise me

Thanks Michael

Paul
08-25-2013, 04:16 PM
When the video starts stuttering, please check to the Transcoding pane in Mezzmo. If your video is listed there and is marked as red, then transcoding is too slow for real time playback. This means your computer is not powerful enough to transcode this particular video on-the-fly so that the video can be streamed and played on your device. The fix for this is to pre-transcode these videos before streaming. See this FAQ to pre-transcode your videos - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6025-Tutorial-Pre-transcoding-Files.

Whimick
08-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi Paul

Thank for the info I will look into what you suggest to see if it helps

paulorox
08-26-2013, 11:25 PM
I've been using Mezzmo with 4 Sony S370s for about 18 months.

I use the Sony BDP (PAL) profile for all 4 players. I find that gives me the best compatibility and the only files that need transcoding are MP4s/x264s. Using this device profile also allows FFWD/REW on all video files.

Of course, as Paul has mentioned above, if you're having problems with stuttering make sure your PC isn't struggling to transcode the MP4 files.

Whimick
08-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Hi Paulorox,

Thanks for that I will give the Sony BDP (PAL) a try and see what happens, I'm also looking into my system to see if there are any bottle necks.

I have also recently another topic Mezzmo stopped streaming. I have just over came the problem by un-installing then re-installing Mezzmo, it would appear to something wrong with my installation files. All seem OK and am able to use my original database files.

I am curious as to what could have changed.

Regards Michael

Paul
08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi Michael,

Now that Mezzmo is streaming again, check your stuttering issue as per my earlier post. Try pre-transcoding and see if that helps. Let us know if the problem persists.

Whimick
09-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi Michael,

Now that Mezzmo is streaming again, check your stuttering issue as per my earlier post. Try pre-transcoding and see if that helps. Let us know if the problem persists.

Hi Paul,

I am still having problems with stuttering while playing H264 encoded file. I have checked to see that the file is being transcoded and is not causing problems, files show that ffmpeg is able transcode fast enough. I have tried using both the latest and supplied versions of ffmpeg both 32 and 64with the same results. And as far as I cane see Mezzmo does not take up all my system resources. I am also not able to fast forward or back H264 files that are being streamed.

I have also tried both the Sony BDP (PAL) and Sony BDP-HT-SMP profiles, including the one you sent and still I have problems.

Could there be some setting on my Player that I need to check or set up?

Should I also be able to see folder or file art on my player, which at present I can not?

I have also zipped my Logs files and emailed them to you with a copy of this message.

Have you any more suggestions.

Regards Michael

Paul
09-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Hi Michael,

Some answers:

1. I think the Sony BDP-HT-SMP device profile is best suited to your model. We'll analyze you logs and respond via email.

2. Unfortunately, this Sony BDP model does not show folder or file artwork. Mezzmo server always delivers the artwork for folders and files to your devices and it is up to the device's firmware to display them.

Whimick
09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks for replying

There may have been a problem with my email with the logs, did you receive it OK?

Michael

Paul
09-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Please re-send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Make sure you zip them up first so they are reduced in size - otherwise your email may bounce if they are over 10MB in size.