PDA

View Full Version : Slow access on my Samsung TV

MANDynasty
08-26-2013, 01:30 AM
I recently purchased the full version of Mezzmo after a recommendation from a friend. I'm using it on a computer in my media room and use the wireless to link to my Samsung 65F8000 tv. It seems everytime I link to the Mezzzmo server it takes a ridiculous amount of time to find the moves and allow me to search them. Is there a setting that speeds this up? I am using an external drive for the media and then added the folder to my library. Any help is appreciated!

Paul
08-26-2013, 10:40 AM
We've had a few reports about slow browsing speed in the latest Mezzmo v3.0.0.0. We're looking into it now. It's best we see a set of logs in your case. Turn on logging (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to your TV and reproduce the slow access problem. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

MANDynasty
09-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Paul, I submitted the logs requested but haven't heard anything back in over a week. I figure you guys are really busy but will I get a response?

jbinkley60
09-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Paul, I submitted the logs requested but haven't heard anything back in over a week. I figure you guys are really busy but will I get a response?

Out of curiosity once you can play a video file does FF, RW and pause work on your Samsung ?

Paul
09-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Out of curiosity once you can play a video file does FF, RW and pause work on your Samsung ?

FF/REW should work fine if the file is playing natively or has been previously transcoded. If the file is transcoding on-the-fly, then FF/REW can be problematic on some devices since they want to know the file size beforehand - but Mezzmo does not know that information since the file is transcoding on-the-fly. You can pre-transcode your files to fix this.

Also, Samsung devices are a little quirky when it comes to FF/REW. See this FAQ: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6046-Tutorial-How-to-fast-forward-rewind-%28FF-REW%29-on-your-Samsung-TV

jbinkley60
09-03-2013, 06:34 PM
FF/REW should work fine if the file is playing natively or has been previously transcoded. If the file is transcoding on-the-fly, then FF/REW can be problematic on some devices since they want to know the file size beforehand - but Mezzmo does not know that information since the file is transcoding on-the-fly. You can pre-transcode your files to fix this.

Also, Samsung devices are a little quirky when it comes to FF/REW. See this FAQ: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6046-Tutorial-How-to-fast-forward-rewind-%28FF-REW%29-on-your-Samsung-TV

Thanks Paul but none of the contols work when streaming via Mezzmo and DLNA to the TV. I did a test yesterday where I copied a file from my Mezzmo server and put it on a USB and insterted into the TV. Playing via the USB and directly accessing the file all controls worked including right/left arrow 10 second jumps, FF/RW and pause. Playing the same file via DLNA and Mezzmo only play and stop work. This was using the m2ts container format. I realize this is likely still a client issue but I wanted to ensure the functions all worked properly when playing the file directly.

Paul
09-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the feedback. It's quite common when playing videos on your TV via USB to give different results than playing videos via DLNA. It seems many devices have different engines inside their firmware for handling DLNA playback and USB playback. You're welcome to email us a set of logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com when you try to use the left/right arrow keys on your Samsung remote control to FF/REW through a video when streaming from Mezzmo. We'll see if we can see anything strange happening. Try a few video formats so we can see if it is format-sensitive.

jbinkley60
09-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback. It's quite common when playing videos on your TV via USB to give different results than playing videos via DLNA. It seems many devices have different engines inside their firmware for handling DLNA playback and USB playback. You're welcome to email us a set of logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com when you try to use the left/right arrow keys on your Samsung remote control to FF/REW through a video when streaming from Mezzmo. We'll see if we can see anything strange happening. Try a few video formats so we can see if it is format-sensitive.

I'll try a few different formats and see if any are different via DLNA. We'll get the Samsung F profile working first and then do some testing. I am trying to avoid going back to a hard client like an NEO-550 or WD TV box. The TV has a Direct TV client in it which works well so I was trying to go all software clients in the Samsung TV. It seems a bit odd that a number of Samsung's support FF/RW and some don't. Not sure whether it is a specific model cutoff or so,ething else.