PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 3.3 crashes and ignores metadata

Chrismallia
08-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Hi I am building a server and going to install windows server 2012. I downloaded mezzmo 3.3 to test it on my windows 8 x64 machine and have problems and questions.

1 Installed mezzmo went well but when I added my movie collection it took hours and at the end mezzmo kept crashing I tried to restart the pc and open mezzmo to continue the adding but it kept crashing. also uninstalled mezzmo and reinstalled it sane problem. My movie collection is about 600gb

2 I tried to view some movies from my ps3 it found mezzmo server but the movies all showed with out metadata, all my movies have metadata downloaded from media center master mezzmo ignored the metadata and they just show up as separate picture , I am trying out serviio and all the metadata shows up.

question

can mezzmo serv media via remote streaming via the internet? serviio uses remote access via media browser so i can access my conntant anywhere in the world.

I am trying to buy the best media server for the server I have build, I spent a lot of money on it so I want the best media server I can get running on windows server 2012

Chrismallia
08-29-2013, 03:17 AM
Hi I did some more testing I notest when I deleted the the profiles that are in video folder like actors ezz it did not crash any more and added the movies quickly, and still the metadata keeps showin up as separate pics in the devices

Paul
08-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the crash. We'd like to fix this ASAP. When a crash occurs, a crash window should be displayed. Click the Go To Folder button and email us the crash dump ZIP file to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We have already fixed a few user-reported crashes for Mezzmo v3.3.0.0 and we're about to release Mezzmo v3.3.1.0. I think this will perform better for you.

The current version of Mezzmo (v3.3.0.0) does not yet have a remote web interface. We will be soon releasing some exciting new features in this area, so stay tuned :)

Mezzmo will collect metadata for your movies and TV shows. It reads from external metadata files (.xml, .nfo, .tgmd, etc.) and reads form web sites like IMDB and TheTVDB. If you think Mezzmo is not reading the metadata form your media center master files, then please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can find out what's happening. In your email, include one of your external metadata files and we'll try it here.

Chrismallia
08-31-2013, 02:30 AM
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the crash. We'd like to fix this ASAP. When a crash occurs, a crash window should be displayed. Click the Go To Folder button and email us the crash dump ZIP file to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We have already fixed a few user-reported crashes for Mezzmo v3.3.0.0 and we're about to release Mezzmo v3.3.1.0. I think this will perform better for you.

The current version of Mezzmo (v3.3.0.0) does not yet have a remote web interface. We will be soon releasing some exciting new features in this area, so stay tuned :)

Mezzmo will collect metadata for your movies and TV shows. It reads from external metadata files (.xml, .nfo, .tgmd, etc.) and reads form web sites like IMDB and TheTVDB. If you think Mezzmo is not reading the metadata form your media center master files, then please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can find out what's happening. In your email, include one of your external metadata files and we'll try it here.

Hi I sent you a email with metadata samples and pics of what happens I don't know if you received them as I didn't receive replies. Just to let you know mezzmo 3.3.1 is not crashing any longer,as for metadata its worse the media center master metadata do not show up at all

Paul
08-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Hi Chris,

We have received your email & will look at it very soon (sorry - we were very busy preparing v3.3.1 over the past few days). In your email, did you include some sample media center master files? We will need this to reproduce & fix your problem. Email them t to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Chrismallia
08-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Chris,

We have received your email & will look at it very soon (sorry - we were very busy preparing v3.3.1 over the past few days). In your email, did you include some sample media center master files? We will need this to reproduce & fix your problem. Email them t to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

yes there is a zipped attachment thanks again

Paul
08-31-2013, 08:37 AM
OK - thanks.