PDA

View Full Version : Some issues with Mezzmo

testor
09-02-2013, 01:55 AM
I downloaded Mezzmo 3.3.1 on my Win8 machine and use as DLNA server. However I noticed the following problem:

1. I configured Mezzmo on one of admin accounts and works ok. Normally win8 machine will automatically login to a limited account after startup. When I open Mezzmo in this account, it asks me to configure again, and then create the database all over again. This is annoying. The database should be unique as a server regardless which account I signed in. I can sign in two accounts simultaneously in Win8, then which database is broadcasting to all DLNA clients?

2. Mezzmo declare idx/sub support. However, my ASUS O!play cannot show idx/sub. It supports idx/sub natively. When I use Nero Media4Home, it works properly.

3. Subtitle language: In Mezzmo, I have to change subtitle language settings, otherwise I will see strange characters. Nero Media4Home does not need to set anything. I wish Mezzmo can automatically do that.

Thanks

Paul
09-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi testor,

Thanks for letting us know. Some answers:

1. Mezzmo is designed to be per-user on your Windows computer. This lets multiple users on the one machine have their own Mezzmo library containing their favorite media files.

2. We don't yet have a specific device profile for the Asus O!Play, so we are happy to create one for you. We will need a few things from you:

Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo from your Asus O!Play and browse some folders/playlist and play a few files. Then, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.
The list of video, audio, photo and subtitle formats that the Asus O!Play supports.

3. Please see this FAQ regarding encoding of subtitles: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5977-Tutorial-Subtitling-Basics

testor
09-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I sent the log to support. I feel strange to have multi-user support on DLNA server. Anyway, I hope there is option during installation to choose single or multi.

Asus O!play supports:

Video : MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, WMV/VC-1, H.264, rm, rmvb
Video File Extension : TRP, MP4, MOV, Xvid, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, RM, RMVB, FLV, TS, MTS, M2TS, DAT, MPG, VOB, IFO, M1V, M2V, M4V, divx, dvd-iso, dvd folder
Audio : MP3, WAV, AAC, OGG, FLAC, AIFF, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS 2.0 +Digital out, Tag ID3
Image : JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF
Subtitle : SRT, SUB, SMI, SSA, TXT, idx/sub.

Best regards

Paul
09-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks - we'll create a new device profile for the Asus O!play and send you details via email when it is ready.