PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo to XBOX 360 unsuccessfull

Hubb
08-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Installed trial version 2.1.8.0. Can't get my MP4's to play on either my xbox or on my WDTV Live. Finally, by NOT allowing the WDTV to transcode the video, it works properly on that. But when I turn off the transcoding on the xbox, my 674 movies (which previewed in the list correctly before the switch) now displays in the preview list as 298 movies, all of which have the "NO" symbol (a circle with a slash thru it) next to them.

Help, all of my movies are mp4 formatted. Any suggestions! Anyone have similar issues!

I sent this post to Tech Support
"I am looking for a replacement to the tversity i was using. Install Mezzmo and seem to like it except, I have over 4000 videos in MP4 format and they wont play at all thru Mezzmo. They do however show up properly in the preview/list. My mp3 files will play and my images work also. I am using an xbox 360 and a WDTV for the end use and the results are the same. Both the 360 and the WDTV still plays the mp4 video file when used thru Tversity, but i'd really rather switch to Mezzmo. However, converting 4000+ video files to a different format is not an option. HELP"

dolivas
08-22-2010, 04:11 AM
Hub new user here also if you look under the media devices I think you will find that the WD TV Live is not shown it is more than likely going to be listed as a DLink change it to WD TV Live and rename it. Turn back on the transcoding and enjoy everything working.

Hope this helps,
dolivas

Hubb
08-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks Dolivas, you were correct. That worked perfectly. The name change didn't take but I can live with that.

Now if I can just find the simple solution to the XBOX problem also, then i'd be completely done with Tversity. Any suggestions anyone?

Paul
08-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Yep, I found your message in support and I'll reply to you via e-mail regarding the XBox.