PDA

View Full Version : Giant Mezzmo.db

shanekim
09-09-2013, 01:18 AM
I there any reason 22,000 files in the database should cause it to grow to over 8 GB? I seems a little ridiculous. I like the product and all, but at this rate it will need its own hard drive soon. I there a fix?

JohnM
09-09-2013, 03:02 AM
I have many more files than that and my db is 52Kb. You might want to give them a better breakdown. Like Total number of file, Number of Music, Pic and Video files. How many playlists did you cap the info from the imdb or enter it manually etc.

paulsalter
09-09-2013, 03:43 AM
I find doing a compact database from the maintain library option reduces mine by quite a bit (about 25% reduction)

Not noticed any issues with mine, but if 52Kb is normal then mine looks rather large, it's just over 1 gig (about 8,000 files in total 300 are video)

Paul
09-09-2013, 09:50 AM
I there any reason 22,000 files in the database should cause it to grow to over 8 GB? I seems a little ridiculous. I like the product and all, but at this rate it will need its own hard drive soon. I there a fix?

Are you running the latest version of Mezzmo (v3.3.1.0)? We did improve several factors in the database size in recent updates. Running Maintain Library with "Update all attributes" radio button selected will remove unwanted entries in the database so you can try this. Also, you can try running Compact Database on the Maintain Library dialog (Tools tab).