PDA

View Full Version : Samsung ES8000 with Evo Kit thumbnail cache

BTVCON
09-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Is it possible to clear the thumbnail cache from my Samsung TV (ES8000 with EVO Kit) as I have updated all my thumbnail with high res ones and removed all the russian and french ones that had previously been a problem for Mezzmo but the old ones still appear on my TV. I assume that they exist in a cache file somewhere on the TV or in Mezzmo as they look all nice and shiny on my PC but they are not the same on the TV.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks. Keepup the good work.

Paul
09-14-2013, 11:19 AM
After you have changed your desired artwork thumbnail size in the Options dialog (Streaming page), then you can run Maintain Library. On the Maintain Library dialog, select the "Update artwork" checkbox and the "Update all attributes" checkbox. This will overwrite all your existing thumbnail artwork with new artwork at your desired size. Note: Uncheck the "Update media properties" checkbox if you do not wish to get new text metadata for your files.

BTVCON
09-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Paul,

I have already done this and all new files are showing the new artwork. It only appears to be a problem on the TV as my Tablet is picking up the new artwork on the older files but for some reason my TV is still showing some of the older artwork. I am guessing that there is some form of old temp or cache file that the TV is using to read the artwork. See attached images. The Russian one is on the TV and the English one is on the PC.571572

BTVCON
09-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Here is an image from my Samsung Tablet to show you it is reading the correct thumbnail.573

srthomas
09-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Hi, sorry to butt in but what app do you use on tablet?

BTVCON
09-15-2013, 05:16 AM
BubbleUPNP server with MX Player as the media player. Works really well on the Samsung 8.9 Tablet I have. Allshare is absolute rubbish!

Paul
09-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi BTVCON,

Please email us a set of logs when you stream to both devices and they show different artwork and we'll see what each one is requesting from Mezzmo. Send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

BTVCON
09-18-2013, 03:19 PM
3.4.0 update has just solved this problem. Thanks. All thumbnails are reading perfectly now.

Paul
09-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Glad you are up and running now, BTVCON :)