PDA

View Full Version : Dreamin' of Desctop streamin'

GliMM
08-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi, I have a idea, They might have been up on the table before, I haven browsed through all suggestions in this forum.

Streaming of computer desktop - How cool wouldn't that be? It doesn't HAVE to be insanlly quick updates, the only reason for quick updates would be if I want to stream videos and then I would use... well Mezzmo :)
But im often browsing the internet with an audience standing behind me... Better to ask them to set their nice behinds in my confy sofa.
Of if if I want to convice my girlfriend that Starcraft 2 is a cool game, I would have a higher convice ratio if she was not forced to stand behind me. (That confy factor again).

(If uVNC could do it, I'll bet Dennis & CO can :p )

Paul
08-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the great suggestion, but unfortunately its out of Mezzmo's design scope. Technically, it's not hard and most of the things needed are already in place - basically the only thing left is capturing the desktop and then "transcoding" it and sending it over :) Frankly, I doubt Mezzmo will have this feature, unless of course there's an avalance of requests like this coming in ;) Still, I'm not the final decision-making authority here, so maybe I'll be proven wrong...

GliMM
08-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Great! Then I’m just sitting here in the valley waiting for that avalanche! :)
Won’t be much of a fuzz if I’m all on my own though...

Come on, think of the possibilities!
(Even though I could not even spell desktop when creating this thread)