PDA

View Full Version : LG TV stopping while streaming DVD

strubbly
09-17-2013, 05:07 PM
I have a new LG 42LN575V-ZE and I'm trying to set up a reliable DLNA server to stream my DVDs (ripped to HD) to the TV.

I tried a few other servers and they all have trouble with the Multifile or aspect ratio or all sorts of things. Mezzmo seems to be the best I've tried so far, yippee!

However, I now have found a problem.

It starts when I skip forward. If I skip (holding the right arrow) a ways into the movie and then let it play it almost always plays for a minute or two and then just freezes for ages. Then eventually it just skips to the next title (or sometimes the TV seems to completely freeze and need to be powered off).

To be honest I haven't really explored the problem - I've only tried a couple of DVDs - but it's pretty much a show-stopper! What should I do to try to pin this down and fix it?

The device profile is LG TV (2013 models).

It's not transcoding the MPEG.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul
09-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Please upgrade to the latest version (v3.4) and try again. We did fix an issue relating to FF/REW. If that is no better, then turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the problem you mention and then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

strubbly
09-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Ok - tried the upgrade and still seeing the problem - logs on the way.

Thanks!

Paul
09-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks - we'll analyze the logs and report back via email.