PDA

View Full Version : Samsung BDP browsing/navigating disconnects... any porgress?

mark11
09-21-2013, 10:51 PM
I have a few Samsung BDPs - c5500 c6500 and d6500. All suffer from the same browsing navigation disconnect. All are wired (but suffer same issue wireless). When I am trying to navigate to my content, I constant disconnects. It take me 4-5 tries to get to the content each time. I have an extensive, sub-folder layout collection spread out over multiple network devices and computers. Multiple PCs, A NAS box and an external HDD. Only when I use content stored on the PCs with Mezzmo do I get any response. BTW - On playback, I get almost no disconnects.

I know you want to look at network latency issues but I test against other streaming software. I do not experience this issue with PlayOn or Plex locally. Please help.

Peter
09-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi Mark,
the Samsung devices have a very low tolerance for delays when browsing, so if Mezzmo's server takes too long to respond the device will disconnect. We have tried to improve this in Mezzmo 3.3 to add a minimum time in which Mezzmo will respond to the device to keep it connected, if you can enable logging then reproduce a disconnect and send us the logs we may be able to adjust this further to try and prevent the disconnects.

mark11
09-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Logs have been sent with the thread title in the subject line. Thanks for the help. Anything else you need?

Peter
09-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks Mark,
we can see in the logs that Mezzmo is taking too long to respond to the browse request from the device, we will try to reproduce this here and see if we can find any optimizations/improvements to resolve this. You can work around this by using 'Scan Drive/Folder for media files' and then selecting to 'Add files to playlist' and 'Create sub-playlists based on folder hierarchy of files', this is faster for Mezzmo to respond to browse requests because the response comes from the Mezzmo database instead of checking the files on disk first, the downside of this is that newly added files are not detected unless you Scan Drive/Folder for media files again and select to create the sub-playlists again.

mark11
09-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks Mark,
we can see in the logs that Mezzmo is taking too long to respond to the browse request from the device, we will try to reproduce this here and see if we can find any optimizations/improvements to resolve this. You can work around this by using 'Scan Drive/Folder for media files' and then selecting to 'Add files to playlist' and 'Create sub-playlists based on folder hierarchy of files', this is faster for Mezzmo to respond to browse requests because the response comes from the Mezzmo database instead of checking the files on disk first, the downside of this is that newly added files are not detected unless you Scan Drive/Folder for media files again and select to create the sub-playlists again.

I am going to try that...

mark11
09-25-2013, 11:28 AM
The 3412 patch worked great. I seem to have no delays or disconnects now. What value did you change?

Paul
09-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks for letting us know. We have found getting folder artwork can be slow in certain circumstances & that can cause the disconnects on your Samsung devices. We'll fix that up for the next release :)

mark11
10-02-2013, 02:26 PM
UPDATE...
Upon further use, I am still getting disconnects browsing. Can you further tweak that setting a bit more?

BTW - The disconnects are still 100% better then before the patch you provided.

Paul
10-02-2013, 05:45 PM
We do have a patch that have some further tweaks. You are welcome to try it. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
10-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v3.4.2.0 has been released and the fix for this issue is included in this update.