PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Photos

tacchan23
09-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Hello,
I am currently trying a couple of Server solutions to see which one is better for my needs.
So far Mezzmo seems to be the best for its GUI and for the ability to stream srt subtitles.
The only negative I could find is that streaming Photos is quite slow compared to other servers (for example TVersity).
I tried streaming the same folder of photos with both servers and browsing them on my Android phone with many render apps (BubbleUpnp, aVia, MediaHouse) and the result is the same.
With Mezzmo browsing to the next photo takes quite a lot longer (about than 3-5 seconds more for every photo)

Is there maybe some settings to reduce the image quality/size or preload more images in advance?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks

Peter
09-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Hi,
it is possible that the delay is caused by Mezzmo transcoding the images before delivering them to the device, you can try disabling transcoding in Transcoding Settings in Mezzmo to see if the photos stream faster. If it is still the same, please enable diagnostic logging http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging then after restarting your Mezzmo media server stream a few photos to the Android phone then send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can see the details of what is happening.