PDA

View Full Version : Profile for KDLINKS HD720 SMP

MidnightInAurora
09-23-2013, 09:28 AM
We have added a KDLINKS HD720 SMP and aren't sure if the profile selected by Mezzmo is the correct one.

It's a Realtek device and Mezzmo selected Brite-View CinemaTube.

Mezzmo logs and the Codecs page from the HD720 manual have been forwarded to your support email.

Thank you.

Jim

Peter
09-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi Jim,
The Brite-View CinemaTube profile appears to match all the supported formats of your device.

MidnightInAurora
09-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks for checking that.

It seems to work fine with that profile.

Jim

Paul
09-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Glad that works, Jim. Thanks for the confirmation.

Nyarlathotep
12-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Concerning the aforementioned device, I got one of those for Christmas. It seems to play any media file I try, including BD ISOs. Some BD rips (movie only in an m2ts container) I tried stuttered over my gigabit network, while others played fine using only Wi-Fi. Example: Aliens ripped as a single track wouldn't play over the network without stuttering, but an ISO of the whole disk worked great.

To alleviate any potential issues with BDs, I plan on purchasing a large (maybe 4TB) internal hard disk for it, then set it up for media storage instead of my NAS. The HD720 can also be set up as a Samba server, which is where Mezzmo will come in handy... :)

Paul
01-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a nice device with excellent format support :)

Nyarlathotep
01-03-2014, 04:07 PM
I indeed got a 4TB drive for it (Seagate NAS). Now for the problem: I'm only getting 8-11 MB/sec transfer rates over the network. Looking at reviews, it appears others have the same issue. I managed to telnet to the device and increase the MTU (for jumbo frames), but that seemed to make no difference. I'll e-mail their support to see if there are firmware updates planned that can fix that problem. For now, I have to rip my movies to an external drive, then connect that to the HD720 (other option being to transport the device every time to my computer and connect it directly, which is impractical).

What does all that have to do with Mezzmo? Not much, other than Mezzmo sees its files on the network and can stream them to other devices. :)