PDA

View Full Version : Streaming 3D movie with DTS audio

guhorns
09-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi everyone!
I need your help!
I have a 3D LG TV (2012 model) connected by HDMI and Optical Cable to a 3D LG Home Theater Model BH7520TW.

When I stream any 3d movie using the TV's DNLA, the image show ok, but, the DTS audio needs to be transcoding.
When I stream any 3d movie using the HT's DNLA, the image donīt show in 3D, but the DTS audio OK.

My question is:

How could I stream a 3d movie without transcoding de DTS audio to AC3?
In the others words, how I watch a 3d movie with DTS audio?

Thanks!

Paul
09-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi guhorns,

Try turning transcoding off for your LG device and see if the video plays. To do this, go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your LG device. On the Device Settings dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and delete your transcoded files. Then turn off the transcoding checkbox on this tab. Click OK and try streaming the 3D video now.

If the video plays, then we know that this type of file works well with your TV & home theater setup. So, I suggest you turn transcoding back on. Then right-click on the 3D video in Mezzmo and click Properties. On the Properties dialog go to the Transcoding tab and click Use Original File. On the Choose Device dialog, select your LG device and click OK. This tells Mezzmo not to transcode the file for this device and just deliver the native file to this device.