PDA

View Full Version : Nook HD+

Lanarian
09-30-2013, 03:28 AM
Hello!
Been using Mezzmo for quite a while now and love it.
I bought a Nook HD+ and it's on the way. Is there a recommended player to use with it?
Alternatively, are there any plans to add a profile for the Nook HD+?
I actually use the Plex Player connected to the Mezzmo Server on my iPhone with amazing results (I use the 8player device profile).
Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can offer!!
Lan

Paul
09-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Lan,

Given the Nook HD+ runs Android, we currently recommend using the BubbleUPnP app and MX Video Player app combination. This works well with Mezzmo.

Lanarian
10-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi again!
I've been using Bubbleupnp and Mx Player, as you suggested and loved it, but the last couple of days BubbleUpnp has been messing up. For some reason, whenever I start it, my Wifi starts looking for a network named 2wire203 and drops my network. I'm working on their forum trying to figure it out..
In the meantime, any other Apps you recommend if bubbloeupnp cant be fixed? Mx Player absolutely ROCKS! Thanks for that suggestion.

Paul
10-10-2013, 10:50 AM
You can try the MediaHouse app as a substitute for BubbleUPnP. This works quite well with Mezzmo. For the media player app, you can also try the VLC app.

Lanarian
10-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks!
Which Device setting in Mezzmo (I'll still be using Mx Player).. MediaHouse, Mx Player or should I leave it at Bubbleupnp to Mx Player? (I only stream Videos, if it makes a difference).

Paul
10-10-2013, 11:19 AM
MediaHouse device profile should work well.

Lanarian
10-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Hi Paul,
Well, I tried Mediahouse and interestingly, I had the same problem I'm experiencing with Bubbleupnp.. WIFI changes to a non-existant network named 2wire203 (discovered by running wifi analyzer while the issue was happening).
So, I've installed Skifta and its Server, pointed it at Mezzmo and woila! Its a beatiful thing!
Currently using the bubbleupnp to mx player device profile.. should I change that to the Mx player profile?
Any plans to add a Skifta to mx player profile? If not, could I request one? After using Skifta a couple times I actually like it better than bubbleupnp.

Paul
10-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll create a 'Skifta To MX Video Player' device profile.