PDA

View Full Version : "Maintain Library" is taking a VERY long time to complete!

BryanMohr
09-30-2013, 07:03 AM
In fact, it's at 4% with 2,333 files processed and 439 files updated, 20 hours after starting. The initial setup was done within an hour or so (except I'm not sure I had my mp3 drive selected at that point). I'm afraid to force it to shut down because I don't want to corrupt any databases but I'm about ready to force it to quit anyway because right now it's kinda' useless.

It's running on a i5 processor with 4gb of RAM under Windows 7 Pro 64. There are 3 physical drives that I want to include in the library, all physically connected to SATA 3 connections on the computer. W: and Z: are 3TB each and they hold strictly mp4 files (everything that gets added is pre-converted to mp4 from other video formats). X: is 2TB and holds strictly mp3 files.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could cause it to be moving so slowly? My goal was to be able to share the library with a Panasonic Blu-Ray player in the Living Room and it was showing the files fine when I first set it up. But now it doesn't even find the Mezzmo server (even though Mezzmo says "Media Server: Running". :confused:

Paul
09-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Try this:

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo application (if running).
Using Windows Explorer, go the the following folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win8/Win7/Vista)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win XP)

Delete the following files:

MezzmoAlbumArt.db
MezzmoImages.db
MezzmoTranscode.db
MezzmoVideoInternals.db
MezzmoVideoSubtitles.db
MezzmoVideoTextAlbumArt.db
MezzmoVideoThumbnail.db
MezzmoStreamingStatus.db

Run Mezzmo and start your Mezzmo server. Try using Mezzmo as you normally do.
If maintenance stops again, then repeat the above steps (i.e. stop your Mezzmo server, exit Mezzmo and deleting your database files) and then turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Exit Mezzmo and start it again. Run maintenance again and when it stops progressing, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up your log files and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

BryanMohr
09-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Try this:

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo application (if running).
Using Windows Explorer, go the the following folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win8/Win7/Vista)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win XP)

Delete the following files:

MezzmoAlbumArt.db
MezzmoImages.db
MezzmoTranscode.db
MezzmoVideoInternals.db
MezzmoVideoSubtitles.db
MezzmoVideoTextAlbumArt.db
MezzmoVideoThumbnail.db
MezzmoStreamingStatus.db

Run Mezzmo and start your Mezzmo server. Try using Mezzmo as you normally do.
If maintenance stops again, then repeat the above steps (i.e. stop your Mezzmo server, exit Mezzmo and deleting your database files) and then turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Exit Mezzmo and start it again. Run maintenance again and when it stops progressing, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up your log files and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

I was able to stop the server, then went to exit and got the warning about the user tasks being stopped which I agreed to. Now it's been stuck removing the tasks for the past 30-45 minutes. It stopped all but 3 tasks within the first 5 minutes. But the last 3 just aren't going away. I even tried right-clicking them and selecting to stop, but no change.

Paul
09-30-2013, 09:45 AM
I suggest you use Windows Task Manager to stop "Mezzmo.exe" (go to the Processes tab in Windows Task manager to find Mezzmo.exe). Then follow the steps in my previous post.

BryanMohr
09-30-2013, 10:23 AM
I suggest you use Windows Task Manager to stop "Mezzmo.exe" (go to the Processes tab in Windows Task manager to find Mezzmo.exe). Then follow the steps in my previous post.

It finally shut down on it's own without having to kill the process. I'm deleting the files you mentioned. There are also 3 "Temporary" directories and a "TranscodingFiles" directory. Should those be deleted? And why is Mezzmo.db over 5gb in size? All the other files together are about 1gb.

Paul
09-30-2013, 10:29 AM
You can leave these sub-folders. "Mezzmo.db" is the main Mezzmo database file. The large size is caused by artwork for files, folders and playlists. You can try compacting your database file by clicking the Compact Database button on the Maintain Library dialog (Tools tab).

BryanMohr
09-30-2013, 10:42 AM
You can leave these sub-folders. "Mezzmo.db" is the main Mezzmo database file. The large size is caused by artwork for files, folders and playlists. You can try compacting your database file by clicking the Compact Database button on the Maintain Library dialog (Tools tab).

So far that seems to have fixed it. Although right now there are no maintenance tasks running so I guess we'll see what happens when the regular maintenance starts in about 70 minutes.

Paul
09-30-2013, 10:55 AM
OK - that's a good start. Let us know if the problem reappears when you run Maintain Library. If it does, then follow my steps in my previous post and email us a set of logs. That will tell us what is going wrong.

BryanMohr
09-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Will do. Thank you for the quick reply.