PDA

View Full Version : Stream and transcode WTV files to WDTV Live Plus?

sanzer
10-02-2013, 02:36 AM
I'm a total beginner who just bought Mezzmo and I want to do the following: Use Mezzmo to stream and transcode on the fly non copy protected WTV files from my HTPC to my WDTV Live Plus. How do I do this? I've installed Mezzmo on my media server where my DVD/Blu-ray rips are stored. It's equipped with a 3.8 ghz AMD A10-5800k CPU and 8 GB of memory and runs Windows 7 Home Premium x64. My HTPC on which the WTV files are stored has a Intel 3.3 ghz 2500k CPU and 8 gb of memory and is also running Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

The other devices on my wired network are: 2 other PCs running Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Roku XD 2050 media player, Roku Soundbridge M1000 music player, Patriot Box Office media player, Netgear NeoTV NTV200 media player and a Vizio XVT473SV TV. The WDTV Live Plus and NTV200 are connected to my wired networkby a wireless bridge.

Paul
10-02-2013, 07:44 AM
The issue will probably be the copy protection on the WTV video files. Mezzmo uses ffmpeg.exe for transcoding audio and video files and ffmpeg.exe does not decode copy protected files. To confirm this, please post the FFmpeg information for one of the WTV files. Right-click on the WTV file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

One thing to try: Go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your WD TV Live Plus device. On the Device Settings dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and turn off transcoding. Click OK to save your changes. Restart your Mezzmo server and now try to stream the WTV files again. This time, Mezzmo server will not try to transcode the files but stream them directly to your WD TV Live (since transcoding is turned off). If they play fine, then we know that your WD TV Live supports them. We can tweak the device profile in this case. Let us know how you go.

sanzer
10-03-2013, 05:02 PM
My WTV files aren't copy protected. Some are from OTA broadcasts and my cable company only protects premium channels like HBO, Showtime, etc.

Paul
10-03-2013, 05:27 PM
To stream your WTV files, you need to add them into your Mezzmo library. You can add them by scanning your HTPC shared folders/drives for media files (i.e. click Add To Library -> Scan Drive/Folder For Media Files) or you can add the shared folder(s) on your HTPC where your WTV files are located (i.e. click Add To Library -> Add Folder). Adding a folder has the benefit where Mezzmo will dynamically update the contents of the folder in your Mezzmo library when you add more files or remove files into that folder in the future. Mezzmo will pick up any changes to your files and list them appropriately.