PDA

View Full Version : TV Metadata retrieval not working in latest version

paulsalter
10-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Problems with Metadata retrieval with latest version

File name is Home and Away - S26E184 - Episode 5844.avi

No metadata retrieved for this , looks like it is trying to find it as a film and not a tv show

The title is also being used as the filename because it didn't match, previously if it didn't match it would have been titled 'Home and Away: 026 E184'

EDIT
Another example
Neighbours - S29E194 - Episode 6744.avi
This one doesn't match with an online database (details not update yet), previous version would pick up the Series and Episode from the file name, current version leaves these as zero, also seems to be using the filename as the show title

EDIT2
Date of episode is wrong also, should be aired date of show, it is picking Jan 01 instead of this

Thanks

Paul
10-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi Paul,

Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll fix that up.

Paul
10-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi Paul,

Just been looking into this some more. We did fix an issue with our file name parsing in v3.4.2.0 and this has caused "Home and Away - S26E184 - Episode 5844.avi" to fail to pick up the series title, season and episode. The reason is that there are two episodes listed in the file name (i.e. 'E184' and 'Episode 5844'). This double-up of episodes breaks our list of valid file name styles. If you remove the 'Episode 5844', then it works fine. The reason it worked in a previous version is that our file name parser had a bug. We will not be changing it back as it causes quite a few other file naming issues.

paulsalter
10-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Episode 5844 is the name of the show

I have tested on other shows I have and using the format 'Show Name - SXXEXXX - Episode name' works fine

eg
Buffy the vampire slayer - S01E01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth.mp4

If this is how it is going to be for now, is there anyway of turning off the auto metadata retrieval, I am not prepared to go through my library again and rename all my tv episodes so would rather manually tag them (through the Mezzmo search online option)

Bengt79
10-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Episode 5844 is the name of the show

I think the Problem is that their Name parsing System recognises Episode not as the Name as it could also be used as marking an Episode number....

Home and Away - S26E184 - Episode 5844.avi

could also be named "Home and Away - Season 26 Episode 184 Episode 5844
and suddenly the System has two different episodes in the filename....

Björn

Paul
10-04-2013, 06:46 PM
It will only be the "<series> - SxxExx - Episode xxxx.ext" files that will not be correctly parsed. It is the Episode keyword used in the names of the file names of these shows that confuses our file path parser since there is already an episode defined in the file path as Exx. So, "Buffy the vampire slayer - S01E01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth.mp4" is parsed correctly. You will only have to rename those shows with Episode as the name of the show.

If you want to turn off file name parsing, go to the Metadata Retrieval Settings dialog and turn off the "Get text metadata from file path" checkbox.

paulsalter
10-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks

I can have a look at possibly changing for future episodes

But how does it now work for shows that have the word Episode in the title when its nothing to do with an episode number

eg

Charmed - S01E17 - That '70s Episode.mp4

This one cant be renamed

EDIT:Taken the word Episode out of the above and it now seems fine, just an extra step before adding media to library

KevinA
10-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Paul

I would support this request. My file names are managed using TV rename and this approach is messing with the metadata.

I just fell into the trap to update my library and it just got all messed up. Took 2 hrs to fix it up.

Cheers

kevin

GT13
10-06-2013, 03:21 AM
I also just updated to 3.4.2.0, and the filenames are missing. Example:

Filename: Castle.S06E1.Valkyrie.mp4
Old Display: Castle Valkyrie
New Display: Castle 001

Generally, when I add a file it initially desplays the actual filename, then after it downloads the metadata is shows just the title, which is okay as long as it keeps the episodes in order. After the latest update, it always displays the title as above. I haven't notice it change any existing titles, just new ones, and the filename on the server is unchanged.

Paul
10-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi GT13,

Just tested this here and we replicated your issue. We'll fix this up. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and a patch.

Paul
10-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Kevin,

Please provide a few file paths that did not work with the new version. We'll test them here.