PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 - blinking focus

jurgfella
10-08-2013, 12:21 AM
I recently had to upgrade my Laptop to a Windows 8 version, and now when I download a series of files, I'm getting the Download Studio window to start "blinking" (i.e., losing and regaining focus about 3x per second), which also effects all my other windows and prevents me from doing work while downloading. I have changed Download Studio to Windows 7 compatibility mode, and while that initially seemed to work, it now reverted to the blinking mode. Any thoughts on what's causing this and how to fix?

Paul
10-08-2013, 09:32 AM
We've tried this here on Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 and cannot replicate it. Our guess is that the notification popup window is displaying when your downloads complete and this may be causing the DownloadStudio app blinking on your Desktop. Try turning the notification window off. Go to the Options dialog (Downloading -> After Download page) and turn off the 'Display notification popup window after a download completed' checkbox.

Paul
11-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Update: We have released DownloadStudio v9.0.3.0 and it includes the full support for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. You can run Help -> Check For Updates in DownloadStudio to update your version.