PDA

View Full Version : Updated to 3.4.2 today, big mistake. None of my sony devices can connect now.

Jon
10-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Just like the title says. None of my Sony devices see the mezzmo server now. Verified the firewall is still configured, and they do show up under the Media Devices window, but go to the actual device and Mezzmo is gone, no way to connect. None of them find it, neither blu-ray player (I have 2) and not the media player. Everything worked perfectly before the update today. My Android tablet still connects and plays media fine, but none of my sony products can.

pathamil
10-08-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm in the same boat. I followed another thread that mentioned about deleting the device and letting the system find it. nope that didn't work either.

Paul
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Try to connect to Mezzmo server from your devices and if Mezzmo is not listed on any of them, then try turning them off and on. If still no success, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

HTC
10-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Try the workaround for Connection toubles and search for my Posts. I have had similar Problems and could solve them after a couple of hours... i wrote a step by step workaround in one of my posts.

Here i found the link: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5917-Mezzmo-cant-find-new-device

HTC

Jon
10-13-2013, 04:17 AM
I was able to fix my problem by doing 2 things: First, I did a full factory reset on the Sony device. Second, I assigned the Sony device a static IP. I also assigned my Mezzmo server a static IP. Now my sony works great. Hope this helps someone else!

Jon
10-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Almost there, one reboot of the sony device and it's back to no connection. There's more to it. The latest install configured windows firewall weird. I'm running dual GB/s nics on my media server, and the mezzmo ports were configured to allow private traffic on one, and public traffic on the other. By editing the firewall to allow both private and public on both (because my home network is secured behind a separate firewall), I was thus able to solve the issue, even after multiple reboots.

Paul
10-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks for sharing this information, Jon. Glad you are up and running.