PDA

View Full Version : KDL 50EX645 showing blank thumbnails

whilke
10-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I have my TV setup to stream from mezzmo without transcoding my MP4/AC3 files using the Sony Bravia KDL 2012 profile. However, whenever I browse to a video folder it looks like its taking the first frame of each video for the thumbnail, even though the file has a thumbnail embedded as a tag, and I even have tried telling mezzmo to override it with a thumbnail.

Any idea how to get my TV to start displaying thumbnails properly? My Samsung blu-ray player is able to display the thumbnails without any problems.

Thanks.

Paul
10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Do you see the correct thumbnails for your video files when you browse your video folder in the Mezzmo application?

whilke
10-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Do you see the correct thumbnails for your video files when you browse your video folder in the Mezzmo application?

Yes, I also see the correct thumbnails when browsing from my Samsung blu-ray player.

My KDL always tries to grab the first frame of every video in a folder ( can take awhile), which 99% of the time will just be a black frame.

Paul
10-09-2013, 07:46 AM
My KDL always tries to grab the first frame of every video in a folder ( can take awhile), which 99% of the time will just be a black frame.

So it must be ignoring the thumbnails that Mezzmo server is delivering to your TV. By chance, is there a setting on your TV to turn this 'video preview' feature off? Other Sony Bravia TV models we have tried all display thumbnails sent by Mezzmo server, so perhaps your TV has a special setting that is turned on. Check the Settings on your TV.

If still no success, you can send us a set of logs and we can see what your TV is doing. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Browse a few folders from Mezzmo server on your TV and then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

whilke
10-09-2013, 08:16 AM
I couldn't find any TV settings related to thumbnails/DNLA/etc. I've emailed you my logs, hopefully there is something in there that can tell you what I'm doing wrong.

Paul
10-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks - we'll check out the logs and report back via email.