PDA

View Full Version : Video Taking a long time to start - Samsung TV

BTVCON
10-14-2013, 03:34 PM
I noticed a recent problem when I try to play a new film that it can take as long as 2 to 3 minutes on some files before the file finally starts to play. Mezzmo shows the file initially as streaming in the status then it will flash off and back on again. All the time the TV is saying loading!! Eventually the file flashes off for a longer than normal time under the status section of Mezzmo and it comes back and finally plays. One particular file took over 3 minutes before starting

I am running a Samsung ES8000 with Evo kit on the Evolution setting hard wired over powerline plugs through a gigabit switch.

Any suggestions.

PS. Keep up the good work!

Paul
10-15-2013, 09:47 AM
A set of logs will show what's happening. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Stream the video and after it finally starts playing, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

BTVCON
10-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Logs sent!

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

BTVCON
10-15-2013, 10:36 PM
I got your e-mail thanks and have tried to trace the IP addresses that you have listed as clogging up my network. I cannot list 192.168.1.72 which appears to be the one causing the most traffic? It does not appear on my routers DCHP table but if I run arp -a from the command prompt the address is listed. I have shut down everything on my network and tried again but it has not solved the problem. I have sent you another set of logs this time with everything but the bare essentials connected to the network.

Could this address be my switch or my powerline plugs??

I hope you can help!!

Paul
10-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Could this address be my switch or my powerline plugs??

Possibly. We'll know more after we analyse your new set of logs. We'll report back via email.

BTVCON
10-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I have tried again and switched of the Windows media server and sent a new set of logs. Let me know if you get any new info this time.

Thanks

Keep up the great work!