PDA

View Full Version : How to play .srt files on Sony Bravia (KDL device profile)

w3b3d1g1
08-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Samsung does it easy but my Sony NX700 will not pick up the .srt file. The xbox360 which I prefer not to use does not pick up the .srt file.

I am kind've wishing now that I stuck with the Samsung LEDs, as there seems to be more support and functionality with Mezzmo.

Would you perceive this to be correct?

Is there a way to get subtitles on the Sony?

Is Mezzmo loooking at improving the support for Bravia? (eg .mkv files, .srt files, not having to load-return-load agin to play video file)

Thanks.

w3b3d1g1

Paul
08-30-2010, 09:29 AM
The current version of Mezzmo detects subtitle files (.SRT or .SUB) on your computer and notifies DLNA devices that there is an external subtitle source available. The file name of the subtitle file should match the movie file and be in the same folder (for example, C:\MyMovies\Troy.mpg and C:\MyMovies\Troy.srt). Many DLNA devices will request this subtitle file and Mezzmo will stream it to the device whilst also streaming the movie.

If your DLNA device does not support streaming external subtitle files, then you will have to wait a little longer for our new subtitle engine that we are currently developing for the next major version of Mezzmo. It will support a variety of subtitle methods so that all devices will be able to display movies with subtitles.

We don't have a solid release date as yet, but it should be later this year.

goelijan
08-11-2011, 07:01 AM
If your DLNA device does not support streaming external subtitle files, then you will have to wait a little longer for our new subtitle engine that we are currently developing for the next major version of Mezzmo. It will support a variety of subtitle methods so that all devices will be able to display movies with subtitles.

Is this version already out? It would be great if I could watch movies with subtitles on my Sony Bravia KDL-37ex521 :)

- goelijan

Paul
08-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Is this version already out? It would be great if I could watch movies with subtitles on my Sony Bravia KDL-37ex521 :)

- goelijan
No, not yet, but it's coming soon :)

Nando1981
01-26-2012, 08:06 AM
How soon? I'm waiting on this to purchase your software!
Please make it soon... :D

FunkyBoss
01-27-2012, 12:00 AM

We don't have a solid release date as yet, but it should be later this year.
Will this new feature cause the video to be re-encoded? I would like to maintain video/audio quality, and the ability to ff/rw without transcoding.

Paul
01-27-2012, 08:32 AM
I can't give any specific dates on this release, sorry :)

Yes, burning subtitles onto the video will require transcoding. If your device supports embedded subtitles (in a separate channel, not burnt-in), then Mezzmo will attempt to do that - in this case it would be a simpler operation.