PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo x D-Link DSM-320 Wireless Media Player x subtitles

webipsum
10-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Please.
I use Mezzmo currently in a PC.
Is there version of Mezzmo for installation on a D-Link DSM-320 Wireless Media Player?
On the PC I use subtitles. The D-Link DSM-320 Wireless Media Player will too display the subtitles?
Tks.

Paul
10-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Mezzmo does stream to D-Link DSM-320 media players. It will stream external SRT subtitles or burn subtitles for this device - if you choose the "DLink DSM-320" device profile in the Media Devices dialog.

webipsum
10-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Mezzmo does stream to D-Link DSM-320 media players. It will stream external SRT subtitles or burn subtitles for this device - if you choose the "DLink DSM-320" device profile in the Media Devices dialog.
Sorry Paul.
I mistook the equipment with the DNS-320 ShareCenter - Storage.
And I thought had Mezzmo version for install on the equipment in question.
Thank you for your attention.

Paul
10-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Understand. The current version of Mezzmo (v3.4.2.0) runs on Windows platforms. It can read all content from any NAS drive - such as the DNS-320. Most Mezzmo users have NAS drives for their storage solution for their media files & use Mezzmo to stream these media files to their devices.

There's quite a few benefits for running your media server on a decent PC platform and quite a few limitations to running your media server natively on your NAS. Most benefits and limitations do come down to the current CPU & memory performance of NAS drives. For example, the vast majority of NAS drives just do not have the capability to transcode 1080p HD video at the moment.

Having said that, we are certainly planning to add specific Mezzmo versions to the Mezzmo roadmap that will be able to be installed on NAS in the future as the computing capabilities of NAS solutions increases.