PDA

View Full Version : WD Lives no longer detecting Mezzmo

Blazin65
11-09-2013, 07:26 AM
I have two WD lives that I have been using to connect to Mezzmo (paid version). Over the past week, these WDLives are not detecting Mezzmo. I click on Media Server and it says no content source available. It occurs on both of the WDs.

I have rebooted my computer and I've rebooted these WDLives several times.

Does anyone have any advice on some setting to check somewhere?

My computer is a Sony Laptop and

dhlee528
11-09-2013, 07:39 AM
I've been having similar issue. my TV won't detect media server. whenever that happens I restart media server.

as for you, check firewall setting and see if WD live can connect to mezzmo server with laptop firewall turned off. and make sure server is running not just the mezzmo is running

Blazin65
11-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Thanks for trying help. Like I said restarting hasn't helped. When I turned my computer and WD Live on today, it is connecting. So at this point I just got through creating a restore point on my computer. The next time this happens, I'm going to restore back to the restore point to see if that fixes it. I don't think it's the firewall I run because I've been running for over a year, with not problems. Unless all of a sudden the firewall is acting up. It's ZoneAlarm Extreme Security.

Does anyone else have any comment? It would not surprise me if I turned on the computer tomorrow and have the same problem.

Paul
11-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi Blazin65,

Since Mezzmo and your 2 WD TV Live media players have been working fine, but over the past week Mezzmo server is no longer listing on them, then it suggests something on your home network is blocking Mezzmo and your WD TV Live devices from communicating with each other. This may be your router or your PC - e.g. a recent firmware update on you router or an update to software on your PC may be the cause.

It's best to check each of the possible causes in our FAQ: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device

If still a problem, let us know and we'll help further.