PDA

View Full Version : Streaming media Players

visiter555
11-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I have three older WDs, two Live Plus and one older Live. I am tired of newer MKVs, MP4 etc not playing on them (and NO Mezzmo transcoding doesn't work for me on the standard device profiles). So I am looking for a couple of new streamers, preferably one that display the complete Metadata and are continued to be supported (XBMC?).

Who's got some newer gen streamers that support 1080P, DTS etc that they are happy with? I know there are a bunch out there, and I would like one that works with Mezzmo...lol

Paul
11-11-2013, 10:31 AM
WD TV Live are great media players and work very well with Mezzmo. They should play your MKV, MP4, etc. files from Mezzmo server. You have posted on another thread about these playback problems & we'll get you up and running so your video files play fine on your WD TV Live devices.

Regarding metadata, WD media players don't show much at all and unfortunately most other AV devices don't show much either other than title and artwork. To help in this regard, we will be releasing our Mezzmo Android app very soon and it shows all metadata. You will be able to browse your Mezzmo library on your PC, see artwork, read metadata and then 'push' selected files to be played on your DLNA devices in your home (i.e. acts just like a remote control for all your DLNA devices). So if you have an Android phone or tablet, then this will be your best solution.

NikolasP
11-18-2013, 05:50 AM
I just posted almost the same question....Actually i am interesting for the Asus O'Play lines.........but i dont know if Mezzmo will be able to stream to them because i dont see any profiles yet....For example the Asus O'Play Gallery looks a complete media streamer.......

Did you find any ????

Paul
11-18-2013, 11:56 AM
We have not had many users contact us for supporting Asus O!Play, so I cannot comment on it's streaming or playback capabilities. We can certainly create a device profile for it if you decide to purchase one.

NikolasP
11-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Paul thanks a lot for always answering !!!!!!!!!

FreeRyde
11-19-2013, 08:16 AM
My WD TV Live boxes play everything I throw at them, inc MKV

visiter555
11-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I decided to test out XBMC on a couple of old Dell OptiPlex Core 2 duos and they are running great accessing a NAS instead of my Mezzmo DLNA.

Working great and much faster and neater look to find media.

BryanMohr
11-20-2013, 03:50 PM
WD TV Live are great media players and work very well with Mezzmo. They should play your MKV, MP4, etc. files from Mezzmo server. You have posted on another thread about these playback problems & we'll get you up and running so your video files play fine on your WD TV Live devices.

Regarding metadata, WD media players don't show much at all and unfortunately most other AV devices don't show much either other than title and artwork. To help in this regard, we will be releasing our Mezzmo Android app very soon and it shows all metadata. You will be able to browse your Mezzmo library on your PC, see artwork, read metadata and then 'push' selected files to be played on your DLNA devices in your home (i.e. acts just like a remote control for all your DLNA devices). So if you have an Android phone or tablet, then this will be your best solution.

Wow Paul! This sounds really cool. Do you have any kind of timeframe when the Android app might be ready for release (or even testing)?

Paul
11-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow Paul! This sounds really cool. Do you have any kind of timeframe when the Android app might be ready for release (or even testing)?

Hopefully, next month :)