PDA

View Full Version : New Version

Xavier
05-03-2008, 11:27 PM
How is it going with the new version? It will be interessting to see how the transcoding thingy will work :)

Paul
05-05-2008, 08:32 AM
How is it going with the new version? It will be interessting to see how the transcoding thingy will work :)
Thank you for asking!

It is nearing completion - the transcoding works quite well :) We are doing a lot of testing to make sure it is reliable, stable, fast and compatible with the many devices out there.

We will be announcing a limited beta-test later on (hopefully quite soon).

Dennis

Xavier
05-05-2008, 09:01 AM
That sound great :) Good news!

Xavier
05-26-2008, 02:36 AM
How is it going? Any news for us news-hungry users out there? :)

Paul
05-26-2008, 08:32 AM
How is it going? Any news for us news-hungry users out there? :)

Well, on the good side - the new transcoding feature will be very flexible and powerful, but that does take a lot of testing on real devices that we're doing here to make sure things are working well. And that takes a long time, as you can imagine - playing/streaming/converting hundreds of different files.

Thanks for your patience - I'm quite sure that the end result will be worth it ;)

Xavier
05-26-2008, 08:34 AM
-"flexible and powerful"

me like! :)

good luck

Paul
05-26-2008, 08:49 AM
-"flexible and powerful"

me like! :)

good luck

Thank you :)

Xavier
10-02-2008, 02:30 AM
Greetings

How is it going with the new version? A possible timeframe?
Sorry to be pushy, I´m just sooooo curious. :)

I would imagine that it will be worth the wait? :)

tnx

Paul
10-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Yes, I know it's been delayed beyond what we were hoping for, but it's not far away now (really!). There's some final testing going on and hopefully it will be released within 2-4 weeks.

It's a major update, with many things fixed, accelerated, or just re-written from scratch to work better. It will also have some unique features, that I can't reveal yet. So, I hope it will be worth the wait, for sure :)

Thank you,

Dennis

Xavier
10-08-2008, 02:36 AM
A quick question about transcoding...

If I have a HD .MKV movie on my PC and I want to watch it on my 720p Pioneer plasma through my PS3 using the Transcoder (that you will have in the next version), will I loose quality in the picture and sound?

I´m just not really sure how transcoding works, and I´m not very knowledgeable when it comes to codecs and stuff like that.

thanks

Paul
10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
It will depend on the transcoding settings and you'll have full control over the output files, so you can just transcode it to HD MPEG2 or whatever else format you wish and then you won't lose quality.

Of course it will require a powerful computer to do that in reasonable time, because transcoding is a very CPU-intensive operation. Lesser quality clips convert considerably faster of course, but you lose quality.

Xavier
11-27-2008, 06:00 AM
It can´t be long now before the new stuff comes, right? :)

Paul
11-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Absolutely and thank you for your patience. We are pretty much in full-time testing mode now, so as soon as everything's ironed out, we'll be releasing. It'll happen this year for sure :)

MetZ
01-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Any updates soon?

Paul
01-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes, absolutely. We are wrapping things up, most of the testing is finished, so hopefully the new and shiny Mezzmo will make it out the door really soon. Please stay tuned and thank you again for the patience you've shown!

Silvos
02-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I have all kinds of media just itching to get Transcoded to my PS3. :) Any updates on how the new version is progressing? Perhaps a hint at a release date?

Paul
02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Yes, I have some good news :)

We are delivering a special version of Mezzmo v2 to a customer in Europe on Monday (16th) and we are planning on releasing the English version to the general public first week of March.

Xavier
02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Ohhh yeees :) Great news indeed.
Lets hope v2 delivers the goods

tnx

Xavier
03-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Sooo... where is it? ;)

Paul
03-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Xavier,

Sorry again for the delay. We're still testing, finding bugs and fixing bugs. The good news its feature complete; just we want to make sure it's stable/solid before we release it shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Paul.

Xavier
05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Will the new version work on Windows 7?

Got release date?

Brent
05-06-2009, 10:03 AM
We plan on testing all new releases/updates of our software with the Windows 7 RC.

I can't give a release date for Mezzmo at this stage, but unfortunately it is at least a couple more weeks away. Sorry for the delays.

nanda
05-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Paul / Dennis,

Has the recent version I bought as of 26th May 2009, is it a version 2 of Mezzmo?

If not, when is the possible update I could get for the version i bought recently that I could get transcoding facility.

I'll make another posting within Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500 and visibility of Mezzmo only under the music area in the DLNA compatible TV.

Paul
05-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi Paul / Dennis,

Has the recent version I bought as of 26th May 2009, is it a version 2 of Mezzmo?

If not, when is the possible update I could get for the version i bought recently that I could get transcoding facility.

I'll make another posting within Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500 and visibility of Mezzmo only under the music area in the DLNA compatible TV.
Hi Nanda,

The currently released version is still 1, but once v2 is released, you'll be upgraded to it for free.

Dennis

Xavier
07-01-2009, 11:51 PM
I guess your testing the hell out of the new version. how´s it looking?
Some functions to look forward to?

Paul
07-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Yes, the new version is undergoing lots of testing to be sure it's as close to being bug-free as possible at release time. Since most of things have been changed from version 1, every aspect of it has to be retested, plus with transcoding and the multitude of devices that we have here, it just takes a very long time. I really wish it could come out sooner...

There're lots of new functions (and improvements to existing ones), so it's hard to pinpoint something in particular. If you have a specific question about some particular functionality, I'll be able to answer it better though.

gaingi
07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
The new version support subtitle transcoding? When the subtitles are in a separate file (like .srt, .sub etc.).
If yes, it is possible to enlarger it or moving it on the screen?

Paul
07-10-2009, 02:06 PM
The new version support subtitle transcoding? When the subtitles are in a separate file (like .srt, .sub etc.).
If yes, it is possible to enlarger it or moving it on the screen?
We have got subtitle support planned, but I don't know whether it will make it for the v2 release or not. If it doesn't, then it will be included in one of the next updates, which shouldn't be too far away after the initial release.

gaingi
07-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Be patience, it is complicate to explain.
My TV (a sony bravia) have 3 channel for DLNA: Picture, music and Video.
In each channel are showed the FILES in the server.
Youtube (or any others videostreaming) is not compatible beacouse is a streaming. Can the new release of Mezzmo "trick" my TV and broadcast internet resource in video (or music) channel?
It will be a GREEEEEAT improvement...
Thank you

shameonyou
07-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I read in wikipedia that your software violate ffmpeg license. Please fix this problem or I will not buy!!! I don't want to pay for somethinghs that you don't pay

Paul
07-14-2009, 09:51 AM
I read in wikipedia that your software violate ffmpeg license. Please fix this problem or I will not buy!!! I don't want to pay for somethinghs that you don't pay
Don't worry, we have been working with the ffmpeg team to resolve those issues and v2 will not be violating the licensing terms set by them.

Paul
07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Be patience, it is complicate to explain.
My TV (a sony bravia) have 3 channel for DLNA: Picture, music and Video.
In each channel are showed the FILES in the server.
Youtube (or any others videostreaming) is not compatible beacouse is a streaming. Can the new release of Mezzmo "trick" my TV and broadcast internet resource in video (or music) channel?
It will be a GREEEEEAT improvement...
Thank you
Yes, we have something similar planned, but it won't be available in the first release, probably will become available in one of the updates though.

Xavier
09-04-2009, 12:21 AM
How's it going?

Paul
09-09-2009, 10:47 AM
An update on our release schedule - unfortunately last week some other projects took precedence, so we couldn't release Mezzmo as planned. The person who is overseeing the release process has left for a week, so at this stage it's end of next week (Thursday-Friday). Sorry and thank you for your patience.

gaingi
09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Every Friday is good or we can have a date :-)

Paul
09-25-2009, 08:18 AM
If nothing changes, the schedule is October 2nd at this point.

288enzo
10-08-2009, 03:34 AM

How is it looking now? I like many others are very anxious to see v2.

Thanks!

Xavier
10-28-2009, 08:02 PM
so I guess the new version is never comming out?

http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/ is looking pretty pretty pretty pretty good right now...

but I still have hopes..

Silvos
10-30-2009, 03:45 AM
I'd like to voice my frustrations as well. I have e-mails from Conceiva that say Mezzmo 2 was most likely going to be released in 3-4 weeks and this was in September of last year. There was also the thread where a special version of Mezzmo2 was going to a customer back in Feb and a release was expected in March http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=65&highlight=customer&page=2

It's been a year and still no version 2.

I now use http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/ as it does offer some transcoding. So until version 2 is released I'll be using that. Hopefully version 2 will come out this year, I have purchased Mezzmo v1 and would like to upgrade without paying extra.

288enzo
11-03-2009, 03:10 PM

It's now November 2nd, would I be correct to assume that something changed?

Any update???

Waiting impatiently, but nevertheless waiting for your product.

Paul
11-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Thank you very much for being patient! It really is coming out soon, but at this point I'm not giving out any dates. Please know that there're several people working on it full-time and things are moving ahead very well. The biggest issues at the moment are compatibility with older hardware. It will be cheaper and better, so please hang in there a little bit longer.

There was in fact a special version released, but we made it heaps better since then.

I can tell you that we already have a new site done (it's offline, but it's finished) and everyone here is really eager to release, but at the same time we wish to iron out as many issues as we can before doing so.

Paul
12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
We're delighted to let you all know that Mezzmo v2.1 has been released today.

Check out the product pages for all the changes (http://www.mezzmo.com)

Direct download link: http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/mezzmo-setup.exe

All staff at Conceiva wish to thank you for your patience and your ideas. We had many delays in completing Mezzmo v2.1 but we finally got there and we are very proud of it.

Now that Mezzmo v2.1 has been released, we are already planning to start on a bunch of new features and ideas that will really take DLNA media server software to the next level. Also, we are continuing to test and add more device support into Mezzmo so it works with all your devices at home. And, finally, we promise the next version will not take as long to be released!

gaingi
12-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Good job guys. I'm waiting for subtitles.

Paul
12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Good job guys. I'm waiting for subtitles.
Thank you. Subtitles are coming soon.