PDA

View Full Version : Instability Issues with 3.4.3. and Win 8.1

BeFi
11-17-2013, 04:24 AM
After months of stability with Mezzmo on Win 8 (Mezzmo up to 3.4.3 stable) I upgraded to Win 8.1 today.

I now face the issue that video streams are interrupted after a couple of minutes. At these moments Mezzmo becomes invisible to all my devices (2 Samsung, 1 Philips TY, ipod, iphone). The server reappears a few second later and I can restart streaming but a few minutes later streaming is interrupted again.

I also recognized that when stopping the Media Server via the Mezzmo UI it takes app. 30 secs in which the title bar reads '...Not Responding'. I didn't have that on Win 8. Watching Mezzmo Mediaserver via TaskManager / Processmonitor nothing spectacular happens.

I have produced logs and send them to you via separate email.

Best regards
Bernhard

P.S. Win 8.1 is another coffin nail for Microsoft - several vendors still have issues with Win 8.1 (Paragon, Intel graphcs n my case).

Paul
11-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi Bernhard,

We have fixed a similar problem reported with the new v3.4.3 and replaced the Mezzmo v3.4.3 Auto Update package and Mezzmo full installer on our web site.

If you have already applied the v3.4.3 update, then please download the full installer from our web site (www.mezzmo.com) and run it (do not uninstall your existing Mezzmo). When the Mezzmo installer prompts you to do a Repair, click Yes. After the repair has completed, your Mezzmo v3.4.3 will be up-to-date and the issues should be fixed.

Let us know how it goes.

BeFi
11-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi Bernhard,

We have fixed a similar problem reported with the new v3.4.3 and replaced the Mezzmo v3.4.3 Auto Update package and Mezzmo full installer on our web site.

If you have already applied the v3.4.3 update, then please download the full installer from our web site (www.mezzmo.com) and run it (do not uninstall your existing Mezzmo). When the Mezzmo installer prompts you to do a Repair, click Yes. After the repair has completed, your Mezzmo v3.4.3 will be up-to-date and the issues should be fixed.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Paul,

I had already run the repair reading the other post yesterday. I also believe that - having upgraded Mezzmo only by Sat. Morning CET - I had already applied the patched version in the first place.

It is definitely something connected to Win 8.1.

Proof: I am back on Win 8 applying my trusted system partition full-backup/restore strategy. I run 3.4.3 with no stability issues on Win 8.

Best regards
Bernhard

Paul
11-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the further information, Bernhard. We have your Mezzmo + Win 8.1 logs via email and will analyze them shortly. We'll report back via email.