PDA

View Full Version : a neverending systemtask

mam
11-19-2013, 05:55 AM
Hi,
since a few weeks my mezzmo tells me that there is a systemtask running updating 5 playlists.

Needless to say, it never happens.

If I update the database (or even let it reconstruct totally), the number of playlists increase at the start and then decrease over the time. But the "5" mentioned above stays until the cows come home.

I assume they are leftovers from processes that have crashed during the last months, I had some problems with the media server crashing during playback to certain tvs.

I also assume that the error is harmless.

I am just searching for the magic number 5 to reset it and get rid of the message that is always listed in the "current task" window because its nagging me.

So, could someone enlight me, where to reset that counter???

tnx
MAM

Paul
11-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Hi MAM,

If you are not running the latest version Mezzmo v3.4.3.0, then please upgrade to this version and try again.

If no better, then it's best we see a set of logs when this occurs. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and then exit Mezzmo. Run Mezzmo again and when you see the "processing active playlists: XXX" task in the Status pane, let it run for a few minutes, and then stop your Mezzmo server (if running) and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

JMC
11-22-2013, 05:03 PM
I have this error since 2-3 versions ago and have no idea what is causing this. I mentioned it in an support email some time ago and was told to wait for the new version - but it still happens.

@Paul: I have to create a logfile for another Problem - will it be possible to mention this for the same set of logs?

mam
11-22-2013, 05:58 PM
I was ordered to delete and reconstruct the database in total.
This took over 36hrs on my not-so-slow-and-not-so-small server, but it cured the problem (though "reinstall everything" is really not the good solution for fixing rather small problems).

I have turned off daily maintenance now, it seems that the dog might have bitten himself into his tail, starting the next job already before the last one was fully done. (MAYBE?)

JMC
11-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Ouh, this will hurt - I've done a lot of tagging :(

mam
11-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Sorry for you :-(
I'm lucky, my build-in lazyness prevents me from doing such painfull and time consuming things. Actually, I would turn this whole database stuff off, if I could. I just want a programm that can stream some ( a lot of ) videos from certain folders. No need for fancy menus, playlists, covers and so on.

Paul
11-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Hi JMC,

Yes - the logs you send us may also show the active playlist issue, so email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Please mention it in your email.

JMC
11-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Ok, will do this.

I created a new DB now and the problem still exists. Changing between 5 and 6 Playlists...

JMC
11-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Sorry for doubleposting:

Fixed it without a new playlist. Deleted the dynamic Playlists for Actor, filetypes etc...
This compacted my db (after a compact of course :D) from more than 7gb to 3,4gb...

Paul
11-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Understand. Removing your active playlists from your Mezzmo library will remove any 'Processing active playlists: XX' message since there's none to process any more. But we'd like to fix the issue where the 'Processing active playlists: XX' message remains and does not disappear as reported by a few users now.

JMC
11-25-2013, 05:28 AM
I didn't remove ALL of them - the active playlist for series remains. With all the actors, directors and everything maybe sqlite performance on the machine is too slow to complete a task in time?

Paul
11-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Understand. We'll see if we can replicate the problem here.

Privet
12-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi There,

I have this very same problem and am on the latest version of Mezzmo.

What was the final solution to the problem?

Thanks

Paul
12-16-2013, 06:18 PM
It's best you email us a set of logs to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we should be able to see why your active playlist processing is not completing.

JMC
12-16-2013, 06:19 PM
If you don't use them delete the active playlists for actors, directors, year etc...

(I deleted all of them but the active playlist for tv-shows...) no problem at all since then

Privet
12-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Yup, that worked - thank you very much.

So that is the workaround but what is the real fix Paul?

Thanks

Paul
12-19-2013, 09:31 AM
So that is the workaround but what is the real fix Paul?

The real fix is to reproduce the issue here and our team will then be able to fix the problem. We still have not reproduced the problem as yet :(

mam
12-19-2013, 03:06 PM
The real fix is to reproduce the issue here and our team will then be able to fix the problem. We still have not reproduced the problem as yet :(

One hint to reproduce it:

* have enough files to process for the maintenance job (and enough playlists to process) so that it takes more then 24hrs to finish
* watch the next jobs already kicking in before the last one has finished
* after a few days the database gets crazy and the "stuck playlists" happen.

(I have already asked for a more flexible scheduler, "once a week" would be totally sufficient over here. But since I have deleted to not needed playlists, the problem did not arise again (job takes just an hour now instead of more than a day))

BTW: why the hell is this stuff so slow? I have around 7000 videos to process and the machine is fairly fast (amd six core @ 3,2Ghz, 16Gb Ram). Should be a piece of cake but Mezzmo runs slow as a dog :-(
(OS is Windows Server 2008R2)

Paul
12-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks for this information. We'll try it here.