PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and DVBLink TVSource

Pedro0078
08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi,

I have DVBlink TVSource, providing me virtual tuners which allow agregate several tuner cards as Satellite or TNT, and also providing streams of the received channels via UPNp.

Inside Mezzmo, I am able to add these streams, just by dragging thems into the appropriate folder.

The problem is even these streams are well played by my Xtramer using Mezzmo server,
I can't play them with my Samsung devices (TV, BDP). What I see on my TV screen is "Unknown file type".

I think that these streams are delivered as is to the Xtreamer (which can play these streams without the need of Mezzmo), but the Samsung devices can't.

Is there a way for Mezzmo to transcode these streams before sending them to Samsung devices ?

Thans for your help

Best regards

Paul
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
You are right - the current version of Mezzmo delivers media from other DLNA servers as-is. It does not transcode the media from DLNA media servers on-the-fly. Mezzmo only transcodes on-the-fly for files on your computer, NAS drives, USB drives or home network.

The idea behind letting you collect media from other DLNA servers into your Mezzmo library is that you create one library of folders, playlist and files so its easy to browse on your TV, etc.

We do have plans to transcode media from other DLNA servers, and it should be implemented in a future version of Mezzmo. Stay tuned.

Pedro0078
08-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks Paul for your prompt answer. I will stay tuned.

Best regards