PDA

View Full Version : Music library not updating

kilfinan
11-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Music does not seem to be updating properly.

I have added my itunes library to Mezzmo and that reflects the changes, however they aren't reflected in the 'Music' list. An example would be when searching on Genre, tracks I know are in that Genre aren't listed.

I have also done a search on a particular track and even though I know it exists only once, Mezzmo lists it three times in different folders. I have been working on it and moved it but Mezzmo hasn't picked that up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul
11-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Right-click on a track and click Propetries. On the Properties dialog, check the Genre field is listed correctly.

If that is OK, then try running Maintain Library since this will update your active playlists such as Genre, etc.

Also, if you have not upgraded to the latest version (v3.4.3.0), then please upgrade as it contains a bunch of fixes relating to active playlists.

Finally if that does not help, then send us a set of logs and we'll see what's happening. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo sever and restart Mezzmo application. Run Mezzmo and right-click on a track. On the Properties dialog, change the Genre to (say) "TEST" and click OK. That should list "Processing active playlists: XX" in the Status pane. When it is finished, check if TEST is listed under the Genre active playlist. Exit Mezzmo and zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

kilfinan
11-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Paul,

I reinstalled both iTunes and Mezzmo and it tidied up the database entries. However I tested if Mezzmo would pick up changes following a maintenance run.

I edited the name of a file directly in iTunes then scheduled a maintenance run. Strangely, Mezzmo now has the before and after files listed. I checked both Windows Explorer and iTunes and they only have the after file name.

When I try to play the before file in Mezzmo it doesn't find it to play. It does however play the after file.

Is there a setting somewhere that would cause this?

Thanks

Paul
11-23-2013, 06:48 AM
When you run Maintain Library, select the 'Remove media files from your Mezzmo library that cannot be found on your computer' checkbox. This will remove entries that no longer exist.