PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo server not running on startup

yubious
11-23-2013, 04:23 AM
Hi there,
Been a mezzmo user for well over a year now and hadn't had any problems,
But recently I've been getting this irritating issue where the server isn't starting automatically on windows startup. Only a small issue but it means I have to go the my PC, open mezzmo and click start media server, it then starts no problem. It doesn't always happen, I've tried reinstalling mezzmo but still get the same issue.
It's great otherwise.
Thanks,
James.

NikolasP
11-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Hello Yubius,

did you try to set up to start upon windows start ????You can do that from the option panel....

yubious
11-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Yeh I've got "start the media server on windows startup" selected. Was working fine but now randomly decides it doesn't want to start sometimes. I did try setting it to not run on startup for a couple of boots, then put it back on but that didn't help :confused:

Paul
11-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi yubious,

It's best we see a set of logs and that will tell us what's going wrong. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and then reboot your computer (make sure you have the 'Start media server at Windows startup' checkbox checked in the Media Server Settings dialog). After your computer restarts - but Mezzmo server has not started, then run Mezzmo and start your Mezzmo server. Then wait a few minutes, and then stop Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.