PDA

View Full Version : No fast forward , pause , rewind on humax 5200c

Dutchpete
11-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Can you please help me,
I have 2 questions:
On my humax i cant fast forward etc, i tried both device profiles for The humax and pre transcoded The files to mpeg or mpegts etc.
Second question , can i pre transcode The files outside mezzmo, mezzmo is very slow in pre-transcode , 16 fps.
Thanks in advance.
Peter

Paul
11-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi Peter,

Some answers:

1. We have quite a few Humax owners streaming with Mezzmo and I don't recall FF/REW issues. It's best we see a set of logs and we'll see what's happening. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo from your Humax and stream a video. Try FF/REW the video and when that fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

2. You can convert your media files using any conversion tool (such as Handbrake, etc.). After converting the media file, then add it into your Mezzmo library, or just add it to the folder on disk that you have added into your Mezzmo library and Mezzmo will pick up the newly added file. If the converted file is supported by your device (and you have the correct device profile selected) then Mezzmo will stream the video natively to your device without any transcoding. To stop Mezzmo from transcoding, you can turn off transcoding in the Device Settings dialog (Transcoding tab) for your device and Mezzmo will always stream the original file to your device. This can be useful to determine what formats your device supports. If you find that the Humax device profile(s) require tweaking as to supported formats, then let us know.

Dutchpete
11-29-2013, 01:56 AM
Ok, i Will test it, and send you The logs, before i do That, can you tell me what The difference is between humax HDR and humax HDR 1000s, thanks
Peter

Paul
11-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi Peter,

The "Humax HDR 1000S" includes support for MKV matroska video format whereas the "Humax HDR" does not have have MKV matroska support.