PDA

View Full Version : Audio Track Problems

Smile
12-05-2013, 06:30 AM
I have a DVD ISO of Jack the Giant Slayer. When I mount the image and play it the default language is Spanish. I assume this is why Mezzmo play Spanish every time we try to watch the program. When I open the properties and look at the video tab, it shows the three audio channels as all being 5.1. I have told Mezzmo the "Preferred audio channel" and check the box "Only stream the preferred channels to devices" however it only plays SPANISH. This is very frustrating.

Any ideas what I can try? :confused:

Paul
12-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a patch that should fix your problem.

Smile
12-07-2013, 11:50 PM
I decided to share what support told me concerning this issue. I will then tell you my results.

First, Supports reply:
Try this:

Right-click on the DVD video and click ‘Pre-transcode Files’.
On the Pre-transcode Files dialog, select your device and click ‘Choose Formats’.
On the Pre-transcode Formats dialog, select the bolded format and click OK.
Select the ‘Pre-transcode files even if they match the device’s supported formats’ checkbox.
Click OK to start transcoding.
Once transcoding has completed, try streaming the video now.
If the wrong audio is played, try changing it to another preferred audio channel in the DVD video file’s Properties dialog in Mezzmo and repeat the above steps.

If no better, please right-click on the DVD video in Mezzmo and click ‘Get FFmpeg Information’. Send us this information.

Let us know how you go.

Best regards

Now my reply back to Support
Thank you for your email. I have done as you suggested below with mixed frustration. My family is reporting to me that there are many movies I have on ISO that play a foreign language. The process you recommended worked on the third, of three options, attempt. Doing this method for all of the movies, for every device that watches them, really isn’t a good solution. Isn’t there a way to determine what the audio channels are? It would be wonderful to set a default language and have Mezzmo deliver it. I understand that there could be multiple tracks in a given language especially when there are commentary tracks available. But I think it would be fewer problems overall. Especially if the first audio channel of choice was streamed. At a minimum it would be great having the selected audio channel in the video tab working without pre-transcoding.

Thanks as always for your help in solving issues

So the solution is still a problem IMHO. However it does work and I am sure this will help someone else as well. Hopefully a better solution will come at some time in the near future. Until then, Mezzmo is still the best software I have ever tried.

Paul
12-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Glad that worked. This test does tell us there's a problem with the preferred audio channel setting for DVD ISO files. We'll look into this and fix it up for the next major release.

multilaf
12-15-2013, 01:55 AM
I also encountered the same problem because my tv (Panasonic Viera ET60) does not support multi audio channels for DVD or DVD ISO while there is no problem for MKV format.
The problem is that we have to manually pre-transode the DVD with the expected audio channel while natively no such transcoding is requested for that model.-> some conflict for automatisation
You will understand that if this manipulation is working, we cannot demand to our children to do this...

Paul
12-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Understand. We have this development task queued up for a future version of Mezzmo.