PDA

View Full Version : Time does not always show on Samsung C

Blackfox
12-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi,

Sometimes when I play a file on my Samsung C TV, the time (played / total) will not show up in the normal area, such as when I hit the Info button.
The weird thing is, a few times when this has happened I stopped playing the file, re-open it.. and now the time shows up.

Not really sure what is going on here, can someone give me some help to debug the problem so that the time will always show?

Thanks.

Paul
12-07-2013, 06:55 AM
This can happen when Mezzmo server is transcoding your file on-the-fly when streaming it. Some devices like your TV do not show a time until the final file size is delivered to the device. Mezzmo server cannot deliver the final file size to the device since the transcoded file is still being created on-the-fly - so it does not know the final file size yet. So that's why when you play the file at a later date, the time is shown since the file has been fully transcoded & Mezzmo can deliver the final file size.

If you want, you can pre-transcode your files before streaming them to alleviate this problem. See this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6025-Tutorial-Pre-transcoding-Files

Blackfox
12-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the tip Paul!