PDA

View Full Version : Samsung BD6100 Profile Problems

Marshall1975
12-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Hello

I have a Samsung bd6100 which since the last update no longer connects to mezzmo. I have tried the Samsung BDP profile and BDP 3D profile and the BDP 2013 profile of which none work. The player connects fine to the internet and the router but does not pick up Mezzmo. The samsung TV downstairs picks up mezzmo fine as does the TV upstairs. No matter what I try mezzmo just does not appear on the 6100's smart menu.

paulsalter
12-13-2013, 10:43 PM
I have the same model, it is very temperamental

Have you tried deleting the device from Mezzmo?

Turn off BD Player
From Mezzmo delete the device
Turn on player
Should now give a message about new device trying to connect

Marshall1975
12-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Paul

Yes I have tried that but to no avail. Cant even get it recognizing mezzmo at all. I did notice before I upgraded the profile assigned to it was Samsung C and with that it worked 50/50 of the time. Now after update no profile will work.

paulsalter
12-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Hi,

Only other thought I have (before the experts arrive)

Turn player off (shut down Mezzmo)
In windows go to control panel and then devices and printers
you should see your BD player as a multimedia device showing as offline
delete it from here
turn player on
if windows doesn't see it, click on add a device at the top
this should now show it as a windows media device and on line

try Mezzmo again now

Paul
12-16-2013, 05:43 AM
When your device does not get listed in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo or Mezzmo server does not get listed on your device as a server, then there is something blocking DLNA / UPnP communication on your home network. Quite often it is your firewall or router's settings. We have an FAQ that lists the possible causes - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. Check each one and if still no success, let us know and we'll help further.