PDA

View Full Version : Probably not Mezzmo's fault but........

Mike Swift
12-14-2013, 03:06 AM
Windows 7 64 bit, LG Bluray 5.1 player using Mezzmo to play media wirelessly from computer to TV via HDMI.

I used to select the relative icon on the LG menu and had just Mezzmo appear as the streaming choice but after some serious Windows file corruption and an Upgrade Install I now get other choices as well as Mezzmo.

The PC is called xxxx-xx and I now have the choice of xxxx-xx: with various folders, xxxx-xx: Mike: and xxxx-xx: Marjorie

I realise that this is probably a Windows problem but the last two also appear in the Network Media pane at the bottom of Mezzmo when open.

I've stopped Windows Media Player from streaming but can't seem to remove them, OK it's no great hardship but I'm the sort of bloke who likes order and the problem annoys me in that I can't remove them.

Any help appreciated.

Paul
12-16-2013, 05:49 AM
It looks like you have another media server(s) installed on your computer. It could be Windows media player that comes with Windows or perhaps something related to a program that you recently installed(?). If you are unable to determine what it is, then you can send us a set of logs and we'll see what it is. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Restart your LG Blu-ray player and list your servers on it. Once you see all of them, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Mike Swift
12-16-2013, 08:10 AM
It looks like you have another media server(s) installed on your computer. It could be Windows media player that comes with Windows or perhaps something related to a program that you recently installed(?). If you are unable to determine what it is, then you can send us a set of logs and we'll see what it is. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Restart your LG Blu-ray player and list your servers on it. Once you see all of them, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Cheers, I may have a suspect.