PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo => Sony TV over App BubbleUPnP

Henrik
12-17-2013, 06:13 AM
Hello!
I use Mezzmo over 2 years and I am very happy with Mezzmo! Nice Software!

I use Mezzmo 3.4.4. and my TV is Sony Bravia KDL-55HX755 (Bravia Models 2012).
Start a video (mkv, mp4, mov...all types) via TV works perfekt.

Now I want to use an controller to play movies from Mezzmo 8library) to TV (renderer). I use the App BubbleUPnP (Nexus 5 Android Smartphone) as an controller.

Over BubbleUPnP, the TV play only mp4-movies. Not mkv.
Why not mkv? Open mkv directly from TV works finde, but not over controller BubbleUPnP=>TV. It seems that mezzmo don't transcode over a controller, only direct via TV.

(maybe its an bubble-problem?)

Is there an solution? Maybe another App for Android?

Thank you and best regards (and sorry for my english),
Henrik

Paul
12-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi Henrik,

The problem will be the device profile chosen for your BubbleUPnP app in the Media Devices dialog. Try setting it to the same device profile as your Sony Bravia TV. That will tell Mezzmo server to deliver files (that are requested by BubbleUPnP app) suitable for your Sony TV.

Regarding your Android controller app, we will be releasing our own Mezzmo Android app next month and it will let you browse your Mezzmo library on your PC and stream files to your devices in your home. I suggest you try this as it will work very well with Mezzmo.

Henrik
12-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Oh, really? I had been looking after a Mezzmo app and found none. That would be great, I look forward to it!
Thank you for your reply!

PS:
Chanche Device Profil in Mezzmo from Bubble to Sony Model 2012 works great! Thank you!

But now I wait for the Mezzmo App :)

Paul
12-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Glad that works, Henrik :)