PDA

View Full Version : Strange happenings (possible DB coruption?)

paulsalter
12-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi All,

I have been having a strange thing happening recently, not sure if I have a problem with my DB

I have a Playlist called Unwatched (smart list that show everything with a play count of zero)
This issue has happened twice in the last few weeks, I watch something from this playlist and this all works fine, but when I check Mezzmo it has also flagged other shows from this list as watched (all spaced by a minute)

eg if I have shows named Prog A, Prog B, Prog C & Prog D

I watch show Prog A at 18:00

my recently watched playlist has
Prog A 18:00 (correct as I watched it then)
Prog B 18:01
Prog C 18:02
Prog D 18:03

So it has flagged the other 3 as being watched when they haven't (this has only happened twice so far, I cannot find any steps to reproduce it, just happens)

Is this anything you have seen before?

I can try and get logs but as it is rare it might take a while

Paul
12-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Hi Paul,

One possible reason is if your device has a live preview when listing files - i.e. it starts playing the video in a small preview window on your TV you scroll down each file. If the preview is played long enough, then this may increment the play count for the file. You can adjust the play count increment percentage in the Options dialog (Streaming page). If possible, as a test try turning off the live preview mode and see if the problem occurs again.

paulsalter
12-18-2013, 08:50 PM
I will try the suggestion and see how it goes

I was trying to replicate it yesterday but unable to do so
Not sure if library maintenance might have fixed it, I have the auto run for this turned off (not adding much at the moment), but ran it manually yesterday morning

Just to clarify though, this happened while it was playing the show

Say I started playing Show A at 18:00 (30 minute show, so it gets marked watched after 20%, about 6 minutes in)
After I had finished watching this, I checked the recently watched and found
Show A, play count 1, time of 18:06 (which is as I expect)
Show B as above but 18:07
Show C as above but 18:08
and about 3 or 4 others all with a minutes difference

I will try to replicate with logging turned on but as it is rare that might not be easy (unless library maintenance I ran yesterday fixed the issue)

Cheers

Paul
12-19-2013, 09:29 AM
If you do manage to reproduce the issue, then the set of logs should tell us what's happening - so please do email them to us whenever it happens again.