PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Epic

dolivas
09-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Ok guys I received my new Samsung Epic 4G phone today and I don't see a profile for it what logs do you need me to send you so we can get one built for the phone?

Thanks,
dolivas

Paul
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
First thing to try: Try using the "Samsung Captivate" device profile in Mezzmo v2.1.9. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo, and select the Samsung Captivate" device profile for your listed device. Stop and start the server and try streaming again.

If that does not work, then we'll need as much information as you have on the phone - esp. the media formats, video codecs and audio codecs it supports via DLNA.

Also, send us a set of log files (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Using your phone, try connecting to Mezzmo and browsing folders/playlists and playing photo/music/video files. Stop the server and then zip up the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

dolivas
09-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi Paul I sent you guys the log files the other day but forgot to send you the supported video codecs list. Here is a link to that file please let me know if you need anything else.

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=0&AT_ID=316039&PROD_SUB_ID=0&PROD_ID=559&EMAIL_ID=

Thanks,
dolivas

Paul
09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks. We'll send you a Samsung Epic device profile for testing shortly.

dolivas
09-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Hi guys any update on this I have not received any emails with an updated profiles to test.

Thanks,
Dean

Paul
09-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I'll check up on things here and hopefully something will be sent out to you today.

Paul
09-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Dean - We just sent you a Samsung Epic device profile to test.

dolivas
09-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Paul I received the files and still not working I sent you the updated log files. Keep me post for round two of testing...

Thanks,
Dean

Paul
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Another device profile for the Samsung Epic has been emailed to you. Let me know how it goes.

dolivas
09-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Hi Paul I tried the new profile you sent me over a week ago and sent you some log files. You stated in your last email that the Epic does not support MKV files which is false it plays them fine from the SDCARD. The new profile also does not work where do we need to go from here? I am ready to purchase Mezzmo today but would like to make sure we can get this to work.

Thanks,
dolivas

Paul
09-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Dean,

I'll look after the profile - I've sent you an e-mail just now and we'll continue working with you to get the phone going.

dolivas
09-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Dennis Thanks I have sent you new log files for the test version you just sent me still no luck. let me know what else I can do to help you out.

Thanks,
dolivas

Paul
09-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks - got them. I'll reply via e-mail.

mdxwired
10-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi.

Any new updates on the Samsung Epic situation?

I am trying this server out specifically because we just got a new batch of Samsung Epic phones in the house and your system claims direct support for said devices.

"Awesome!" I thought...

Sadly, no.

It does stream a few files but, more often than not, all I get is the standard 'Unsupported File Format' that I get from my existing PlayOn DLNA server (who are also promising epic/android support in an upcoming release).

Thus far it has not worked with most .mkz, .avi, .mp4, wrappers across a wide assortment of encoding (H.264, XviD, DivX, etc...).

It does not even seem to be able to stream some of the files that my bone-stock Windows Media Server can.

What gives? I would love to purchase and recommend your software but... "supported" usually means, well, supported.

You may wish to reign in your marketing guys a bit... and, meanwhile, I will also gladly help test anything you need on this issue. I am a highly technical user and have been a formal (closed) beta-tester for the likes of Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, and a few others. I am currently participating in two closed betas for Android apps.

Let me know if I can help! :-)

All my best,

Matt

dolivas
10-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Matt I agree with the reign in your marketing guys....

I have been working with Dennis for the last few weeks and we have made some progress the last profile Dennis sent me seems to be working well with MP4 files that I have encoded in handbrake. MKV files also work but it needs to be transcoded first and it takes for every you must wait for the complete file to transcode before it will work. If you would like to test the profile send Dennis a request for the profile or I could also email it to you let me know.

Thanks,
dolivas

Paul
10-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi Matt,

Yes, please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send you an updated device profile to try. Thanks for the offer to help - I'll gladly accept it :)

The reason why transcoded files are failing is because Android and Apple phones expect the MOOV ATOM to be in front of the file, while FFmpeg puts it in the back. We've just implemented moving this atom for you after transcoding, so if you let the file finish transcoding you can then play it via streaming to the phone (as opposed to downloading it to the phone first and then playing). That will help a bit. We're also trying to find a format that the phone supports that doesn't have this limitation.

hartlenb
04-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Did this profile finally work? We now have three of these phones in the house. They are all configured to use the Samsung Epic profile. They can all see Mezzmo... but can't seem to play any of my media -> even mp3's and jpgs aren't working. Do I need to do anything special to make it work?

Paul
04-12-2011, 09:02 AM
I think it should work as-is without doing anything special. Can you please send in the logs to support so that we could check what's happening (maybe try playing one JPG to make it simple).

hartlenb
04-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Logs were sent. JPG & MP3s worked (don't know why) but MPG movies still failed.

Paul
04-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you for the logs - we'll get back to you via e-mail.