PDA

View Full Version : XBOX One Support?

scottier
12-19-2013, 03:59 PM
So.... New XBOX One for Christmas. Unfortunately the wife will not let me plug it in until Christmas LOL. Question is has anyone had a chance to test mezzmo with xbox one? XBox 360 was extremely limited in media it supported. I'm really hoping Microsoft pulled their head out their rear and included more media formats it can support without the need to transcode.

stevemaximus
12-19-2013, 05:44 PM
I just set mine up and there have been some problems. XBOX One supports DLNA but cannot initiate a DLNA session with the server on its own, nor can it browse a shared media library. I have been using a third party smartphone app called Skifta to initiate the stream between the XB1 and the DLNA server, that has worked well but will not work with Mezzmo. My XB1 does not show up in the listed media devices in Mezzmo. I would really like Mezzmo to solve this issue as I just purchased a license a few days ago and can't use it with my XB1. I have been using Serviio instead.

Paul
12-20-2013, 10:11 AM
We do not have an Xbox One as yet. Hopefully we'll get one for Christmas :) and make sure all is working next month. My understanding is that current DLNA support in the Xbox One is limited to 'Play To' features - i.e. you need to use a DLNA DMC (digital media controller) to push content to the Xbox One and it will play it. I assume Microsoft will improve upon this next year with firmware updates or there will be third-party media player apps that you can install on the Xbox One that provide better DLNA playing capabilities.

Next month, we'll be releasing our Mezzmo Android app and you will be able to use it to browse your Mezzmo library and push files to your devices in your home - such as your Xbox One. I suggest you use it rather than Skifta since it will work really well with your Mezzmo library.

Nyarlathotep
12-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Next month, we'll be releasing our Mezzmo Android app and you will be able to use it to browse your Mezzmo library and push files to your devices in your home - such as your Xbox One. I suggest you use it rather than Skifta since it will work really well with your Mezzmo library.

Great! Hopefully it will work even better than BubbleUPnP.

Paul
12-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Great! Hopefully it will work even better than BubbleUPnP.

So far in our testing, it is working real well.

jbinkley60
12-23-2013, 09:56 AM

Will there be a Windows version in the future ?

Paul
12-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Will there be a Windows version in the future ?

You do mean a Windows Phone 8 version? We'd certainly like to create both iOS and Windows mobile apps as well. We just need to prioritize our development plans for 2014.

jbinkley60
12-24-2013, 09:23 PM
You do mean a Windows Phone 8 version? We'd certainly like to create both iOS and Windows mobile apps as well. We just need to prioritize our development plans for 2014.

I meant a Windows PC version. I know Microsoft has some of the DMC capability built into WMP running on Windows 7 and 8 but WMP is a terrible DLNA "browser" in that it doesn't understand folders, doesn't display metadata etc..

scottier
12-25-2013, 04:34 AM
Well okay. Not the answer I was hoping for but it is progress. Thanks Paul for all you and your team does!

Paul
12-28-2013, 08:26 AM
I meant a Windows PC version. I know Microsoft has some of the DMC capability built into WMP running on Windows 7 and 8 but WMP is a terrible DLNA "browser" in that it doesn't understand folders, doesn't display metadata etc..

Understand. Yes - we will put DMC capabilities into a future version of the Mezzmo application so you can push media files to your devices from your PC.

jbinkley60
01-01-2014, 03:54 AM

Is there a beta program available for the Mezzmo Android DMC application ?

Paul
01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Is there a beta program available for the Mezzmo Android DMC application ?
There will be a Beta testing period in January. We'll announce it soon.

Paul
01-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Update: We have a Xbox One device profile available now. It will be included in the next Mezzmo release. If you wish to try it now, email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide details.

Dion
01-06-2014, 10:37 PM

It would be really awesome to have a BubbleUPnP like app for Windows PC from Conceiva for Mezzmo. That let us push are media content to our 3rd party PC Movie Players.

Example. I would like to push my Media to MPC-HC on my PC. I am currently using VLC which has a built in UPnP Client. But I hate it compared to MPC-HC. Which btw does support networking streaming. Cause I can plug in the URL manually to it.. And it works. It is also listed in the change log for 1.7.0

-Support loading HTTP/RTSP/UDP/RTP streams using embedded source filters

Paul
01-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Dion. We do have in our future plans to add 'push' capabilities into our Mezzmo application.

scottier
01-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Update: We have a Xbox One device profile available now. It will be included in the next Mezzmo release. If you wish to try it now, email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide details.

Email sent.

stevemaximus
01-12-2014, 03:45 PM

Email Sent!

scottier
01-15-2014, 04:44 PM
FYI - Results of my testing with the XBOX One Profile has been sent back to the support email.

Paul
01-16-2014, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback - got your email & will respond shortly.

scottier
01-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Paul, Next set of test logs have been sent to the support email.

Paul
01-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks - we'll analyze them now & get back you shortly.