PDA

View Full Version : Recently Added Playlist Sorting

srthomas
12-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi,

I've noticed on my Samsung F8000 TV that the Recently Added Playlist is ordered alphabetically but in the Mezzmo program it is configured to sort by "Most Recently Added" with a limit of 25.

Anyone have the same? A bug?

Thanks,
Steve

Paul
12-23-2013, 08:56 AM
We've had several reports from Samsung F-series TV and Blu-ray player owners about this. It seems that the firmware inside Samsung F-series TVs/BDPs are sorting the list of files alphabetically after receiving the file list. Mezzmo delivers the list of files in the order that you see them in Mezzmo, but after getting the list of files, the Samsung F-series TV/BDP then sorts them alphabetically. It's a really silly thing to do and I hope Samsung fixes this problem with a firmware update.

paulsalter
12-23-2013, 08:38 PM
I have an E series model and I got a firmware upgrade yesterday, thought this might be fixed

unfortunately not, still sorts alphabetically

Paul
12-24-2013, 08:37 AM
That's a pity :( Hopefully they will fix it soon.

ncmagus
01-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Hi,
I've got exactly the same problem as srthomas with my Samsung F-series. I think we could avoid the problem if we had the possibility to add a prefix to the filename.
So let's say i've got three movie : A, B and C. Our TV will sort it in the alphabetical order, but if Mezzmo could add a digit at the beggining, the sort order could be preserved : 001-C, 002-A, 003-B.
I think it would be quite easy to implement that and would prevent this problem from happening even if Samsung don't release a firmware.
(it might be a little checkbox in the playlist properties to activate that)

Thanks
All my apologies for my poor english

Paul
01-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Many thanks for the suggestion. We have also thought about this idea and we have more titling keywords planned to let you create custom titles for an upcoming version of Mezzmo.